Author Topic: Italian Oven video  (Read 1537 times)

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Italian Oven video
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:59:52 PM »
For those of you who haven't been to Italy here's a video of a Pizzaioli working alone that I found on Yahoo .It's a nice looking oven BTWYou can get an idea of how he opens his dough,pulls the pizza onto the pel and rotates them.Make sure you have the sound turned down as it is awful !!
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?p=pizza&ei=UTF-8&b=65&oid=a34467edb05ffc88&rurl=216.53.190.158&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dpizza%26ei%3DUTF-8%26b%3D61
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
Re: Italian Oven video
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:09:32 PM »
David,

That is the Neapolitan disc forming technique. The dough must have been thougher then what I like, but those are the movements. It would be interesting to find out where it was taken

Ciao

Offline Apizz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:06:47 PM »
I heard that you should be gentle with the dough and definately not bang the dough against the table otherwise you pop the tiny bubbles inside the dough that it gets while rising.  But maybe not?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 10:20:11 PM »
yes, with a cooler oven.  With a high temp oven and properly made dough this won't hurt a thing.  In fact, when I really get the dough right it can be too airy with the standard NY on the knuckles shaping technique.

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 10:39:45 PM »
Apizz, I'm guessing you are quoting me. It depends on the mix of the dough. With my particular formulation, being rough is not good, so that is why I say be gentle. But if the dough is super bubbly and very elastic, then you can be rougher.

Jeff