Author Topic: Live from Deeetroit......well, Royal Oak anyways.  (Read 563 times)

Offline grindliner

Live from Deeetroit......well, Royal Oak anyways.
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »
Hello fellow Pizza connoisseurs!

I am a Culinary School dropout, Skilled Tradesman, guitar hack, who likes his Pizza.

I quit Culinary school, and cooking professionally at the same time, hell I quit cooking period. I have recently re-discovered my love of cooking over the past year. Aside from Pizza, it's BBQ, Mexican, Italian!

Local Pizza Pref's:

Square: Loui's, no buddy's here, My parents grew up right next to the original Buddy's, Iv'e been going to loui's for 40+years.

Round: Green Lantern Lounge, I live a block away from the carryout, and the 2 minutes in the box does make a difference, but the carryout works in a pinch. Thick sliced Mahrgerita Pepperoni! the best Pepperoni IMHO

Round: Supino Pizzaria newly discovered, only had it twice, the crust rocks, their pepperoni is their weakest pie.

Round: Dino's Pizza in Dearborn, yes the last of the Dino's you remember having as a kid
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:28:14 AM by grindliner »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Live from Deeetroit......well, Royal Oak anyways.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
Round: Supino Pizzaria newly discovered, only had it twice, the crust rocks, their pepperoni is their weakest pie.

Welcome.

One of our members, scott r, came up with the dough formulation and related procedures for Supino.

Peter

Offline grindliner

Re: Live from Deeetroit......well, Royal Oak anyways.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
Cool, wonder if it's really bread flour as the counter person says?

Looks very much like the handling characteristics of the forno bravo recipe for using Caputo tipo 00. ie; window panes almost on it's own, under it's own weight, no hand stretching, rolling or tossing necessary.

Also noticed cases of Stanislaus Full Red puree and Tomato Magic.

Their Smoky pizza was great. their Scarlet Mahgerita was good as well,

Just a Note, Guy Fieri was just in town a few weeks ago (Kid Rock Weekend) and shot a segment @ Supino for D,D,D.