Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 300 times)

Offline GoodPie

Introducing myself
« on: September 02, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
Hello fellow Pizza Makers.  I'm known as Goodpie (or just Craig) and I've been a huge fan of the food form for most of my many years.  Now retired to the wild forests of Western Oregon, when I want pizza (is daily OK?) the only option is making it myself - and with typical, home kitchen gear.  I've been at it for several years, I truly enjoy  the process and still have a LOT to learn.
I've been aware of this blog for ages, but never thoroughly investigated it until seeing the constant references here made by our friend, Norma.  (Thanks, Norma!!) 
Since we all have strong opinions about pizza, here are a few of mine:
1. Good pizza is 90% about the crust.
2. Toppers and types can be anything that the cook/eater wishes, but...
      I think fruit and salad belong elsewhere. (My mind has changed before...)
      I used to be fussy about type/style, but I've changed my ways.  Gifted experts (like Norma) have lead me through the forest and expanded  my horizons - a lot.  (Thanks again, Norma!)
3. As a Left-Coastie, I know that there is more to the world (and the Pizza World) than "New York" this or that. 
4. It will take a while to read through the older, important posts on this blog.  I'm happy to invest the time and I hope that doing so will spare the 'oldies' the need to answer some questions for the fiftieth time. I'll try to read and search first.
5. I note the blogs offering of multiple formatting options as well as Spell Check, both much appreciated features.  Thank you, blog owner.
6. Several months ago and in a different blog, I proposed to Norma. Since I;m not moving to PA, and Norma is not moving to OR, I guess this link and the soon to be established back channel email link will have to do.  At least she did not say no! 
7. If not mentioned before, Pizza is a much favored food and I enjoy the process.  I honestly and truly believe that world-class pizza CAN be made with standard home kitchen gear and ovens.
8. Thanks for welcoming me to the PM community.  A quick cruise through recent topics suggests that I've found the right place, perhaps a new home.
9. As always, remarks, opinions, formulas and everthing else are subject to revision. 
-Goodpie   

-Craig
GoodPie
"Until proven otherwise, ALL pizza is good pizza."

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »
Craig,

Welcome to the forum!  :) I didnít know anything about making pizza before I found this forum either.  I am not anything special, just trying to learn like the rest of the members here.  I still ask questions all the time, and still have much to learn myself.  Lol, about the proposal.  At least you make me feel young again!   ;D

I agree with you that the biggest part of a pizza is the crust.  If you need any help trying to find something, let me or other members know.  This forum is very friendly.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline GoodPie

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »
Hi Again, Norma.  Please see notes on your own space.  I have some back channel stuff for you as soon as we can swap email addresses for private use.  We'll figure it out.  For the moment, too many summer projects running into fall and cannot make pizza until we cool off a bit more.  In a month or so, I;ll be going nuts again, to continue through June, 2012.  I love your contributions and respect the homework that you have done.  Wow!!
-Craig (GoodPie)
-Craig
GoodPie
"Until proven otherwise, ALL pizza is good pizza."

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
Hi Again, Norma.  Please see notes on your own space.  I have some back channel stuff for you as soon as we can swap email addresses for private use.  We'll figure it out.  For the moment, too many summer projects running into fall and cannot make pizza until we cool off a bit more.  In a month or so, I;ll be going nuts again, to continue through June, 2012.  I love your contributions and respect the homework that you have done.  Wow!!
-Craig (GoodPie)

Craig,

What do you mean by notes on my own space and what is back channel stuff?  I am not understanding what that means.  My email is listed under my profile, but I rather discuss anything you would like to know about openly here on the forum.  That way everyone gets to learn.  I feel all the other members that have helped me so far to learn what I know now, deserve to know if their information has helped me at all.  Glad you like my contributions here on the forum.  You can asked me any questions here on the forum, and if I donít know the answers, maybe other forum members can help you out.  There are many members here on the forum that have a lot more knowledge about making pizza than I do. 

I can understand you want to wait to make more pizzas until it cools off. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!