Author Topic: Little Caesar's Crazy bread  (Read 2637 times)

Offline mnjesse

Little Caesar's Crazy bread
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:15:35 AM »
The other night I made some pizza dough and had a left over dough ball so I decided to make crazy bread. It turned out exactly like little caesar's. I was making Glutenboy's recipe, but I ended up adding more flour because I didn't have all trumps flour, so it is a completely different recipe:

Bread flour 100%, 1164 g
Water 46.3%, 539 g
ADY 0.21%, 2.47 g
Salt 2.0%, 23.75

I mixed the warm water, yeast and some of the bread flour in the mixer and let it sit for 5 minutes. I then added half of the remaining flour and mixed for 5 minutes. Then I added the remainder of the flour and mixed another 5 minutes. 5x375g doughballs were made, oiled and allowed to raise in the fridge for 4 days. I used four of them to make some really good NY style pizzas, but the other ball was cut into 8 strips and allowed to rise in a pan on the counter for 1 hour before baking. They were then baked at 550 degrees on the middle rack on a stone in the pan for approximately 7 or 8 minutes. They were taken out right as they started browning. I then brushed them lightly with butter and sprinkled with kraft parmesan cheese and garlic powder. I used some of the leftover 6 in 1 tomatoes for a dipping sauce. They tasted exactly like little caesars. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:20:39 AM by mnjesse »

pizzapan