Author Topic: S'More Pizza in the WFO  (Read 2723 times)

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
S'More Pizza in the WFO
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:02:04 AM »
Tried my hand at a s'more pizza tonight:  BIG hit!  I used a leftover skin from dinner that was a caputo 00/KABF blend at about 66% hydration.  Brushed opened skin to the edges with a butter/sugar/cinnamon glaze, topped with 63% Guittard bittersweet chips, then covered those with dollops of Kraft marshmallow creme.  Cooked in WFO for less than 2 minutes, which torched the marshmallow creme really nicely (we are all fans of burned marshmallow) and melted the chocolate chips beautifully.  Messy to eat but really delicious!!  Will definitely make again.

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: S'More Pizza in the WFO
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 12:19:00 AM »
Glad it turned out well Robyn, great job.  My wife loves s'mores so i'll have to give this one a shot.  I love the leoparding over the pie.  Perhaps I should consider mixing marshmallow puff into my dough.   :-D JK

Chau
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:10:42 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »
I'm not a fan of dessert pizza at all, however that looks really good. That crust is beautiful. I think it would look good with anything on it.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »
Robyn,
looks as though you are getting the spreading of the skin down nicely  :) To avoid the torching simply spread the dough as you would normally (or a touch smaller) then place in in the oven it will blow up as below (this is very cool if you have never done it!) take it out, its now like a giant pita, very cool ! then cut in half, if you want you can semi toast the inside face/crumb side down. The  take out layer 1 side with your chips put the mellows in there place back together and cook for 20-30 seconds . take out shake of confectioner sugar maybe a swirl of chocolate syrup Yum! or just eat the marshmellows as you like them.  I dont mind dark brown but..
have fun
John
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:20:40 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:49:24 PM »
Thanks for the comments, guys!  I'm very happy with that one, and the guests are still talking about it  ;D

John, that's an interesting way to do it, but like I mentioned above, we are all burned-marshmallow fans, so the color was intentional.  That's the only way I like marshmallows:  burnt!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:28:46 AM »
Enjoy!! :P
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com