Author Topic: Commericial Pizza Sauces  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Mad_Ernie

Commericial Pizza Sauces
« on: September 16, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »
I was visiting a local Whole Foods store recently and noticed their selection of pre-made pizza sauces, which seemed rather extensive and contained names I had not heard of before.  I picked two to try at home as alternatives to making my usual sauce.  The 2 brands I picked were Lucini Italia Pizza Sauce and Eden Organic Pizza Pasta Sauce.  The two are like night and day.  T

The Lucini was a bright red, thicker/pastier sauce.  It had nice herb flavor, with a noticeable garlic taste.  

Ingredients
Tomato Puree, Vine-Ripened Plum Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Basil, Natural Flavor, Oregano, Fennel, Red Chili Pepper, Citric Acid (naturally derived)

The Eden Organic is a much thinner sauce with noticeable flecks of herbs in it and a darker red color.  I detected some kind of bell pepper flavor in it, but the ingredients do not say anything about bell pepper. 

Ingredients:
Organic Roma Tomatoes, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Organic Basil, Organic Oregano, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Roasted Garlic, Organic Dried Onion, Organic Thyme

For me, I preferred the Lucini and my wife preferred the Eden.  They were both good and I did not regret trying them.

Has anyone else ever tried these brands before?  If so, what did you think?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:24:23 PM by Mad_Ernie »
Let them eat pizza.

pizzapan