Author Topic: Commericial Pizza Sauces  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Mad_Ernie

Commericial Pizza Sauces
« on: September 16, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »
I was visiting a local Whole Foods store recently and noticed their selection of pre-made pizza sauces, which seemed rather extensive and contained names I had not heard of before.  I picked two to try at home as alternatives to making my usual sauce.  The 2 brands I picked were Lucini Italia Pizza Sauce and Eden Organic Pizza Pasta Sauce.  The two are like night and day.  T

The Lucini was a bright red, thicker/pastier sauce.  It had nice herb flavor, with a noticeable garlic taste.  

Tomato Puree, Vine-Ripened Plum Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Basil, Natural Flavor, Oregano, Fennel, Red Chili Pepper, Citric Acid (naturally derived)

The Eden Organic is a much thinner sauce with noticeable flecks of herbs in it and a darker red color.  I detected some kind of bell pepper flavor in it, but the ingredients do not say anything about bell pepper. 

Organic Roma Tomatoes, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Organic Basil, Organic Oregano, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Roasted Garlic, Organic Dried Onion, Organic Thyme

For me, I preferred the Lucini and my wife preferred the Eden.  They were both good and I did not regret trying them.

Has anyone else ever tried these brands before?  If so, what did you think?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:24:23 PM by Mad_Ernie »
Let them eat pizza.