Author Topic: Relocation of WFOs ?  (Read 770 times)

Offline Martino1

• so much to learn
Relocation of WFOs ?
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »
I am flirting with the idea of a WFO (who doesn't in this forum anyways). However, seems like your childhood crush who is out of your reach :-D

Seriously, my problem is, that I am on overseas assignment and I don't know when I will finally move into a house where I will stay for a longer period than 5 years. It's a shame, because the country I am living in right now, would offer inexpensive and skilled support for masonary, construction, welding etc.

What would be the best WFO solution in your opinion, that could be relocated if there is one ? I am aware some compromise must be taken.
Is there any product that would allow to be disassembled into pieces that are easier to transport ? I read Craigs story and as enjoyable it was for the readers, I am not sure if I wanna go through it myself.

A Beehive style oven would be maybe a interim solution until finally locate somewhere. I wish however there was a solution, where the dome would be coming in let's say 4/5 pieces, each of which is insulated, not too heavy and they could be put together and interlock tightly. For sure it would never reach a heat retention as properly built oven.

Is there anything out that would be a possible solution or you recommend to stay with my BBQ or a Beehive until the time comes ?   :'(

Pizza is the only dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, late night snack ;-)

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Relocation of WFOs ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »
I would think that a small pre-cast oven, such as the ones from FB and other companies, would be your best bet. They set up easy and you do not incur labor costs. Then, when you go to sell the house, your WFO investment is actually an enhancement for the sale. Many people would see the oven as a bonus over similarly priced homes.

Then, once you are in your new home, you can get another one.

John

Offline Martino1

• so much to learn
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »
Dear john, thanks for your advise.
Actually seeing your result from the FB 70g looks great. I assume you have not changed yet, so what are your cons and pros on this model and oven style ?
Unfortunately i don't have access to US distributors here and with the import duty and transportation costs it would be expensive.

Imagine a qualified engineers salary at 800 USD and a skilled worker at 250USD per month it would be an excellent opportunity to have sth built here. My company rents the house for me here, so permanently installing an oven isn't really an option. after my assignment I could however have a smaller oven shipped or in pieces. I just think shipping a 1000kg WFO not know where to install it next is a bit too freaky.

thanks again and your pies at
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10992.0.html
Suggest that you don't need any kind of other oven... They look simply awesome.

Martin
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:32:21 AM by Martino1 »
Pizza is the only dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, late night snack ;-)

Online shuboyje

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:14:26 PM »
I think a small cob oven could be the way to go.  You could buy some cal sil board for insulation under the floor, fire brick for the hearth, and loose fill vermiculite or perlite for insulation over the dome.  When it comes time to move on knock it down and take the loose fill insulation, fire brick and board with you and either build a new cob oven or put them to use on your permanent one.  I just can't imagine anything that portable you are going to want as a permanent oven down the road.
-Jeff

pizzapan