Author Topic: New Favorite  (Read 901 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
New Favorite
« on: September 19, 2011, 07:49:59 PM »
I posted a pizza  over in the Review of A pizz in montclair and heard nothing, so I decided to try it myself during yesterdays bake I love the combo I could not find yellow cherry tomatoes (used red) or straight Arugala (used spring mix) but I LOVE this combo. 90 % caputo 10% AT 63% ,2.7% salt 8 hr bulk room temp,  12 hrs balled fridge, 43degrees  2 hrs room outside 67
Smoked Mozz. cherry tomatoes , Arugala and yes the kicker a swirl of Honey The tasters went wild !!
John
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:55:23 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: New Favorite
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:57 PM »
oh my pizziaola is now making her own pepperoni pies!! 5.5 years old  ;D

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
Great looking pies, John. I bet honey does go great with the smoked mozz and the bitter salad. I never would have thought of that. Another example of why I come here.

Congrats on the protégé. Why is it that her pizza looks better than yours?

CL

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:04:34 PM by TXCraig1 »
Pizza is not bread.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »
Its a woman thing arent they better at everything ?? (sorry robyn) Maybe its the flour up the sleeve! or Maybe, its the Bagged proccessed  cheese I did add a few chunks!
You gotta try this pie do it early in the bake cause there wont be any leftovers on this one!  dont go crazy with the honey 2-3 nice swirls around the pie top of the arugula when you cut it the mess all blends together and  :P
J.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:47:47 PM by JConk007 »

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »
Hey, her pie looks better than mine, too  :-D  She's adorable!!! 

I'm not usually a fan of smoked cheese at all, even mozz, but maybe I need to give that a try.  Have you tried Mike's Hot Honey?  http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/02/mikes-hot-honey-you-need-to-try-it.html  I bought a bottle and the hubby LOVES it, I bet it would be great on that combo of yours. 

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »
John I'll have to give that combo a try sometime as well.  I did try honey with fresh figs, mozz, and gorgonzola which I did like very much.  Your little one is adorable and her pie looks great.   Won't be long before she'll be telling you how pizza should be made.   :-D

Chau

parallei

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:32:44 PM »
John,

Your daughter looks so serious making her pie :)  I think it's great that many of us have had the pleasure of watching her grow up giving Dad a hand at the oven.

Pie looks good too!

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »
 8)
-Bill

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
Thanks all! Yes Pizza is Great but she really is my world,, and growing up so fast!! I am not pushing this on her  in any way, she is the one pushing me out of the way to get her little fingers in there. As soon as she sees the Bosch come out its game over! She does look very serious and she is balancing on a stool to boot. Only wish she understood a little better what Hot , "REALLY HOT" means  >:D  Under direct supervision of course, she also puts the logs on and spins her Pie too!! its very cool. Even funnier when I was around that age I remember I called pizza , puke on bread ! talk about a 180!
JT -yes give it a shot please, you all have been doing crazy cool toppings for a long time and I am just now stepping away from the meatlovers
John
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:47:20 PM by JConk007 »

pizzapan