Author Topic: About Time.  (Read 1934 times)

Offline dankfoot

• I'm a llama!
About Time.
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:42:28 PM »
Ok, After going to my local Italian store twice (once they were closed) and not being able to find anything I was looking for I went to whole foods and bought some Cento D.O.P. San Marzano peeled tomatoes. Now this is the first time I have used these so how do I need to fix them for the perfect sauce?

Also, bought some Lioni Ovalini Fresh Mozz. I was looking for Polly-O fresh mozz but I cant find that anywhere. The guy behind the counter said that they did a taste test and the Ovalini was far the best.

Thanks in advance

Offline pam

Re: About Time.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 02:04:05 PM »
Also, bought some Lioni Ovalini Fresh Mozz. I was looking for Polly-O fresh mozz but I cant find that anywhere. The guy behind the counter said that they did a taste test and the Ovalini was far the best.

Taste test, my *. More like, "it costs us less wholesale and we can jack up the price a lot more than Polly-O 'cuz they don't sell it at Costco."

What's your evaluation of the Leoni, Dankfoot?
When an eel bites your eye and the pain makes you cry, that's a Moray.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: About Time.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 05:12:52 PM »
Grande is the best fresh mozzarella that I have found by far (other than buffalo).  I have had no problems with it making the pizza soupy even though it comes wet.  Just pad it dry with paper towels, and let it sit for a while, then pad it dry again.  Once it is salted and oiled it is so creamy rich and soft with tons of flavor.