Author Topic: cross country help  (Read 954 times)

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
cross country help
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:04:05 PM »
I am looking to add  a spiral mixer to my business to avoid the trips to Vesta every week. I know based on what I have read the diving arm or fork is more suited to Neapolitan dough but they are all so big and very expensive. This is a 25qt spiral perfect size for me all other are monster 200 qt giants.(not yet)  Problem is its in California and I am on the other coast in NJ It a good cunk of change so I would really love it if anyone close by could grab a look for me to ease my concerns of a dumpy old clanky mixer. Not that it looks anything like that but just the opposite, it  looks too good to be true?
Mixer is in La Habra California? No idea where that is  but wanting to pull the trigger
Thanks all!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: cross country help
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »
John you forgot the link.

They do sell small fork mixers. Go to 0:12 in this video and you'll see how small they can get. I'm not a 100% sure but the one in the video looks like a PietroBerto . When I asked Marco about the smallest mixer they make(which that one looks like) he said the minimum batch size was 4kg(~14 dough balls if they are 280g). Also the one that Reberto uses at Keste is a PietroBerto, it's at 0:14 in video http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/12/how-to-make-neapolitan-pizza-dough-with-kestes-roberto-caporuscio.html. Just thought you'd like to know that they do make smaller ones. It's just going to be harder to find a used one.

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
La Habra is in the northwestern corner of Orange County, in Southern California - I think it's a bit South of LA.  Sorry, that's too many hours away from me for a trip to see it. 

Online JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:37:44 PM »
Thanks anyway Robyn! Yes cool video by the way ! Thats the perfect size in the first video but also a year of profit !  I have seen the santos 10 qt... fork mixers too small just need to make like 50 ball batches 25 lbs of flour used fork are hard to come by Do not wan t a hobart style too rough on dough
thanks John
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:42:50 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:52:27 PM »
I am looking to add  a spiral mixer to my business to avoid the trips to Vesta every week. I know based on what I have read the diving arm or fork is more suited to Neapolitan dough but they are all so big and very expensive. This is a 25qt spiral perfect size for me all other are monster 200 qt giants.(not yet)  Problem is its in California and I am on the other coast in NJ It a good cunk of change so I would really love it if anyone close by could grab a look for me to ease my concerns of a dumpy old clanky mixer. Not that it looks anything like that but just the opposite, it  looks too good to be true?
Mixer is in La Habra California? No idea where that is  but wanting to pull the trigger
Thanks all!
John

John,

I'd do you the favor but it's too far, bro. It's way south near L.A.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

pizzapan