Author Topic: New Haven  (Read 464 times)

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
New Haven
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »
I'm gonna be walking through New Haven in probably about five days. I think I have to try New Haven pizza. Anyone wanna try to meet me at one of the well-known New Haven joints? I think I have more to add, but I need to watch my phone battery.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: New Haven
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
Good thing no one responded to this because I ended up spending 16 days in jail in Rhode Island for knowing my rights. Consequently I quit my 48-state walk after only five states (because I have no need to deal with that kind of crap for two years). I ended up riding with a friend to NYC last Sunday, and we stopped at Frank Pepe's on the way. At Pepe's we got a pepperoni pizza and a clam pie. I ordered the clam pie because people have made a big deal about it on TV. As a result, I was stuck with it, except for one slice of pep. If I ever go back, I won't get the clam pie again. It wasn't very good, but the pep was great.

I've been in Manhattan for the last five days or so. A lot to say about the pizza here (not what you might expect me to say). I'll start a new thread for that if I ever find the time.

pizzapan