Author Topic: Last weeks LBE pie  (Read 5745 times)

Offline FacciaPizza

Re: Last weeks LBE pie
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »
This weeks margherita made with Caputo flour. Preheated the LBE for 45 minutes at full throttle. 90 sec bake. Very tender. Still needs a little more top heat.

Offline R2-Bayou

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »
Great job Faccia! I just love how the LBE cranks these pies out!
"Wretched excess is just barely enough."

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
Thank you. I know, with very little rest too!

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
Your pies look great, especially in the first batch - absolutely pizzaenvyprovokingly good.   Could you share your AP dough recipe?  Thanks!
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »
Thanks pizzaneer. I used KA bread flour for the first few pies.

Flour 555gr
Water 350 gr 63%
Sea Salt 11 gr  2%
ADY approx 1/16 tsp
yields 3 dough balls

I mixed all of the flour and about 75% water in a bowl and let rest 20 minutes. Dissolve salt in remaining water. After the rest period sprinkle yeast on flour and water mixture then add remaining water/salt solution. Hand knead for 5 minutes. Bulk rise at room temp approx 68 degrees for 12 hours, ball and let rise 6 more hours at same temp. Use or refrigerate. I used the same method for the 00 flour except 60% water

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »
This weekends pies were Caputo Flour 60%. 1st pie 1min 50s Fresh mozz, grape tomato and basil. 2nd was a margherita 2min 50s with half grape tomato/gaeta olives. I adjusted the ceiling tin (bent it slightly) for better air flow which resulted in a more even bake top to bottom. Thanks for looking.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 08:54:37 PM »
Nice job FP.  What differences in the crust texture did you notice between the 2 pies?

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 09:29:03 PM »
Thankyou. The first pie rim was pillowy soft, nice voids with a slight chew. the second was from  a different batch which was 5 days old. It had much less oven spring and was noticeably tougher but had more flavor. I preferred the texture of the first pie.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »
Thankyou. The first pie rim was pillowy soft, nice voids with a slight chew. the second was from  a different batch which was 5 days old. It had much less oven spring and was noticeably tougher but had more flavor. I preferred the texture of the first pie.

FP, I would be interested in seeing you do a 2 min pie vs a 3 min pie from the same batch.  No doubt the texture will be slightly different.  It's understandable that the 5 day dough would be tougher, have less oven spring, and a more sourdough flavor.   How long was the first batch fermented for? 

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 09:44:55 PM »
The first batch was fermented for 12 hrs bulk, 6 hrs balled then right in the fridge. The second batch was 12 hr bulk and 7hr  balled then used right away.  The next time I make some pies I will post 2min and 3 min bakes.

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
These are yesterdays 2 margheritas. The first was cooked for 1 min 40s. The second 3 min 40s. Both from the same batch of Caputo flour 60% hydration.  2 hr bulk, 6 hrs ball at room temp approx 70-74 degrees. The first pie was much softer, the cheese barely melted, everything tasted fresher. The second had a crisp crust with a tougher chew, the cheese tasted cooked. More of a NY style? Both were decent but I liked the 1 min 40s pie more. I need a WFO!

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:13 AM »
This Sunday's Margherita's. Made with KABF. Finally got the IR thermometer. The stone read 750-700.  750 toward the back. The first pie was cooked towards the back and the bottom was a little too dark. Almost burnt. I launched the second pie in the middle of the stone with 3 turns and it baked much more evenly on the bottom. Both took just under 2 min.
Thanks for looking.

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 10:42:15 PM »
Haven't made pies in a while. This Margherita was pretty tasty despite the gum line. 12 hr bulk/8 hr ball Caputo. Baked for 2:45. The bottom was a little light, I should have preheated a little longer. Thanks for looking.

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »
Great looking crust & crumb there!  What was your launch target temp this time?

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
Thank you, I heated it to 750 on the floor then I got side tracked and had to lower it. Came back a half an hour later and launched the pie and remembered that I lowered it as I launched the pie. Tried to compensate by blasting it. It was too late, the top was done before the bottom.

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »
Last night's Margherita. 12 hour bulk, 8 hour ball at 75 degrees. Got the temp holding between 700-750. 1 min 50s bake. Thanks for looking.

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
That's looking really good, FP.  To be honest, I love char, but more evenly spread char.  How did it taste to you?  How was the underside?

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
Upskirt

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »
Thank you. So far I think this pie might be my best yet. Very tender and balanced. Bottom char was right on for me. My 2 year old usually stops at the rim, she ate two whole slices of this one.

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2012, 09:54:57 PM »
Both pics are the same. I mistakenly posted 2.