Author Topic: Gas V.s. Electric pizza oven for business  (Read 6015 times)

Offline J_moraTN

Gas V.s. Electric pizza oven for business
« on: September 29, 2011, 11:52:03 PM »
Im planning on opening a restaurant in few months and im trying to get all my equipment an everything together to keep in storage till then. Anyway every pizzeria ive worked in we've used Bakers pride nat gas ovens. im just curious to which is really better for costs, and effectivness. let me hear both sides.

thanks

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
Re: Gas V.s. Electric pizza oven for business
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:15 AM »
electric for those who cannot afford/are permitted a hood and ansul system, or are space limited or do not have a gas line in the structure.

gas has really no downfalls other than radiant heat and size.

they are up to temp in 20min
they lower your winter heating bills greatly
they have enough BTU's to not lose temperature on large oven loads
they are easier to get parts for
cheaper to operate (2-5 amps vs 40+)

electric is good for things like breadsticks and hoagies. they make small countertop ovens less than 24"x24" that will heat up 5-10 mins if you are in a pinch and/or need a backup oven for busy periods.   is an extra $100-175 in monthy gas bill really worth the chance of an electric oven backing up due to temperature loss during a busy friday or football game night, and losing customers?  no.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:00:35 AM by c0mpl3x »
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline J_moraTN

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:39 AM »
yeah that is true i couldnt and wouldnt want to risk it.where im going to open shop im expecting it to be a high volume pizzeria.An like you said they hold their temperature better than electric while having a full oven, its just so hard for me to find a good double stack for a fair price.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
yeah that is true i couldnt and wouldnt want to risk it.where im going to open shop im expecting it to be a high volume pizzeria.An like you said they hold their temperature better than electric while having a full oven, its just so hard for me to find a good double stack for a fair price.

try a used blodgett, hobart, lincoln, impinger, middleby aka middleby marshall, nemco, bakers pride offers a payment plan, doyon, garland, there's more but i haven't seen them in more than 1 or two places.
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 05:10:02 PM »
Electric ovens are fantastic for pizza, which i didn't know till I started to read this site....but, they are.  I always thought they were sub par, but many of the top pizza makers love them.  In certain types of pizza, they are an absolute MUST.  They can attain higher heat than a gas oven and are more efficient, but I can't figure out how much more they would be to run. 

Neither gas or electricity need hoods, at least in my state.  And neither needs an ansul.

Offline J_moraTN

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 11:08:34 PM »
so i found my ovens im going to use they are double stack bakers pride i got a great deal on em. im picking them up tommorow an im having them professionaly broke down an bricks taking out an having them loaded in the uhaul.an now im just trying to figure out how i can unload it without having to pay for it?? any ideas people cause these things are tooo heavy for me an couple guys.

Offline MBramhall

• Shimmmer LLC
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »
Call me and I can walk you through the process to install them yourself with another guy to help.

You will need to rent a material lift from a rental shop, inexpensive and easy ($50-$70 per day).

Good Luck!

Marcus Bramhall
Shimmmer LLC
Marcus Bramhall