Author Topic: Cacique Mozzarella  (Read 1324 times)

Offline rpmfla

• Lifetime Member
Cacique Mozzarella
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »
http://www.caciqueusa.com/products/mozzarella

I was browsing through the dairy section of my local grocery (Win-Dixie), and was pretty disappointed with the selection. There was only one choice for whole milk mozzarella and and that was a grated blend with provolone. So I wandered on further and came to the "Hispanic section" of the dairy case. I saw a ball of cheese that said mozzarella on it made by a company called Cacique. Out of curiosity I decided to give it a shot even though it wasn't whole milk either.

Well, it turns out it was fantastic so I wanted to let people know about it. On my pizza, I put down a layer of the grated mix mentioned above and then the other ingredients (hot sausage, sweet sausage, mushrooms, peppers, and pepperoni). Then I pinched off ping pong ball sized pieces of the Cacique mozz and put about 8 or nine of them around on the pizza. It just melted so creamy and gooey and didn't come close to burning or releasing lots of water like fresh can do sometimes. By the way, this is at a 550 home temp, not a 700+ oven so I don't know how it would do at the extreme temps.

Offline tikidoc

Re: Cacique Mozzarella
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
WalMart also carries whole milk mozzarella.  Not my favorite place to shop, but a good fall-back.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
Thanks for that info. Have seen it around, but never tried it. :)

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
I have used that as well.  It is pretty nice,  but is salty to me.  Just watch your salt content on the rest of the pizza and you may really like it.  -Marc

pizzapan