Author Topic: 00 vs. 00 flour  (Read 1755 times)

Online meatboy

00 vs. 00 flour
« on: October 03, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »
...i'm wirting this thread to say thank you! I learned so much reading through this awesome forum and improved my pizza making ability to another level ;)

I used german 00 flour (00 grounded but not that high gluten rate) for the last year and thought that would be the non plus ultra but hydratation was only possible at 55% max. But while reading and seeing that awesome results you recieve with caputo changed my mind ;)
Getting caputo flour in germany is nearly impossible. The only way to get it is driving to itlay or import it from the UK or US - strange huh?!
So i bought the best i could get here: Tre Grazie flour (red pizza tipo 00).
I made some pies today (61% hydrat., 2.7% salt, 0.08% IDY, 36h cold ferm., 12 @ room temp), unfortunately i forgot making pictures, but the result was awesome. The dough was so stretchy, fluffy and great tasting after baking i can't describe with my (bad school) english ;)

TYSM users @ pizzamaking!

Offline napoletana4germany

Re: 00 vs. 00 flour
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:19:26 AM »
hello meatboy,

Colombrino GmbH are the distributors of Molino Caputo for Germany:
http://www.colombrino.de

i think they got the blue and red one. but you have to buy at least a 25kg bag.

Todi

Offline Kermit

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 08:56:43 AM »
Great to see that you can buy Caputo in Germany. I've been in the same situation here in Denmark where there are no distributors.

Offline napoletana4germany

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »
in the meantime, it is also possible to purchase small quantities of blue and red Caputo flour in Germany / Central Europe.

http://www.gustini.de/mehl-reisundgrundzutaten-r5023.html