Author Topic: Kevin James on NYC pizza  (Read 752 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Kevin James on NYC pizza
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:03:44 PM »
Love this one:

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

scott123

Re: Kevin James on NYC pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:57:05 AM »
The last two slices- I've been there many times  ;D It's difficult to do, but when I slice my own pies, I try to get as even slices as possible. I also, when entertaining, tend to make way too much pizza, both because I don't want people lusting over a 'last' slice and because I like pizza cold  >:D

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:33:57 AM »
I like pizza cold  >:D

Cold pizza....breakfast of champions and hangover cure for years the world over!!!
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
What is it with cold pizza in the morning?? One of my family members also loves cold pizza.

I know I'll get some Flak for this but to me, cold pizza is just blah. Give me a nice hot and fresh pie and I'm a happy camper but cold...? Not so much.  :)
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

scott123

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
I know I tend to go on and on about the buttery flavor of the melted cheese, so my infatuation with cold pizza runs contrary to that, but refrigeration does something magical to the crust.  The cold gives the crust a little more chew, and, perhaps because you're chewing it a bit longer, the crust tastes a little sweeter. It's almost a little bagel-y.  Bear in mind, I only eat my favorite kind of pizza cold- puffy chewy with a bit of internal moisture.  For a crisper, drier pie, refrigeration might dry it out too much.

I think one of the best aspects of cold morning pizza is that you wake up hungry and the pizza is there.  No waiting for the oven to pre-heat, no clearing of counters, no proofing of dough.  There's not even any waiting for it to warm. It's just ready.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:41:53 PM by scott123 »

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
It's the 'hungry hangover' deal for me. A great man once said........"Feed A Hangover, Starve A Fever".........only makes sense :-D

Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »
"I think one of the best aspects of cold morning pizza is that you wake up hungry and the pizza is there.  No waiting for the oven to pre-heat, no clearing of counters, no proofing of dough.  There's not even any waiting for it to warm. It's just ready."

......and if it's been sitting on the counter all night, it's not even that cold! >:D :-D

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »
It's the 'hungry hangover' deal for me. A great man once said........"Feed A Hangover, Starve A Fever".........only makes sense :-D

Jon

Jon,

You know what's great hang-over food for me? A great mom-and-pop cheeseburger with bacon and fries, if one can drag their a$$ out of bed and down the road. Now that's greasy hang-over food right there...but, I'm sorry, not cold pizza.

Maybe we all have different hang-overs  ;D
Mike