Author Topic: Barrel Oven Fever on slice.seriouseats.com  (Read 1105 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Barrel Oven Fever on slice.seriouseats.com
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »
I thought there was an interesting article posted on slice.seriouseats.com today about Barrel Oven Fever by: Andrew Janigian. http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/10/slice-over-a-barrel.html#continued
I donít know how the barrel oven bakes pizzas, but the concept of a barrel type oven is interesting, and the barrel type oven looks fairly easy to build.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

buceriasdon

Re: Barrel Oven Fever on slice.seriouseats.com
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:29:44 AM »
Norma, The article was an ok read, I found the video to most annoying, could barely stand to view it to the end.  ??? I'm sure they all had fun though.  :-\ Still for the amount of work involved a wood fired dome would bake better pizza. I'm sure it's a fine oven for bread. Me, I'd build the Sunset adobe oven before this one. One day I'll find the time to build my rocket stove pizza oven.
Don

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Barrel Oven Fever on slice.seriouseats.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
Norma, The article was an ok read, I found the video to most annoying, could barely stand to view it to the end.  ??? I'm sure they all had fun though.  :-\ Still for the amount of work involved a wood fired dome would bake better pizza. I'm sure it's a fine oven for bread. Me, I'd build the Sunset adobe oven before this one. One day I'll find the time to build my rocket stove pizza oven.
Don

Don,

I also am sure a wood fired dome would bake a better pizza than the barrel oven.  I donít know what a Sunset adobe oven is.  I hope you have the time and money to build your rocket stove pizza oven someday.  You are inventive in building your own ovens.  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!