Author Topic: P I Z Z A  (Read 601 times)

Offline aptfive

• www.aptfive.com
P I Z Z A
« on: October 09, 2011, 10:24:29 PM »
 8)

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: P I Z Z A
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10:26 AM »
Beautiful - Has that New Haven doneness, and a really nice, puffy crust. Would you care to share your recipe/workflow?

John

Offline aptfive

• www.aptfive.com
Re: P I Z Z A
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:31:07 AM »
Thanks John ...the recipe is a hybrid peter reinhart new york style that's posted on his pizza quest site ...i've been using King Arthur Italian Style flour this past month ...i usually do one small 25oz batch that i split and ball into two 12oz doughs.....the mix is easy ..(bottled)warm water in bowl ...IDY ...salt ..honey ..swooosh it around ...always strainer/sift my flour into the bowl ...wakes up the spring ..mix on low for 4mins drizzling in your oil ...let rest for 5 minutes ...mix on low-med for another 4mins ...done ...its gonna be wet and tasty ...i like to let it sit for bout 15minutes before i ball and fridge....

I like to eat the 2day fermented pie ..then the 4/5day fermented pie ..take dough out ..let sit for 60-90min ..pre-heat oven for an hour or so ...550deg ...7min/screen bottom stone ..2min/straight on top stone bout 5" under the broiler flame ...i smolder pecan wood chips in the oven from pre-heat to finish pie ..then take the chips out ...rest on oven ..the smell is fabulous for the rest of the day =)

The recipe in Grams:
 F/402g  W/249g  IDY/3g  Salt/10g  OliveOil/26g  Honey/18g

pizzapan