Author Topic: 110% Sicilian or How To Make Sicilian Out Of Error  (Read 1621 times)

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
110% Sicilian or How To Make Sicilian Out Of Error
« on: October 14, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Ever try to half a formula in your head when you're trying to get ready for work at the same time?  Wednesday AM I decided to mix up a new-to-me formula but halve it, and I was running late, and so it took me a bit to notice the liquid-ness of the batch...  When I realized I'd halved the flour, salt and yeast but not the water, I decided it was time to try a Sicilian  ;D  I'm thrilled with the result.  I let it room-temp ferment all day ~8 hours at mid-high-70's then poured it into oiled pan and refrigerated it, covered, for 40 hours or so.  Let it "rise" at room temp this morning for ~3-4 hours, then drizzled on EVOO and sprinkled sea salt and baked at 450 until done.  A touch moist in the middle but crunchy and delicious, great flavor.  Really good to eat. 

500g Caputo Pizzeria
550g spring water
14g sea salt
1/8 tsp IDY

Offline Jose L. Piedra

• Ebeddu e cavuru, e beddu davveru!
Re: 110% Sicilian or How To Make Sicilian Out Of Error
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »
Great job, especially considering the extreme circumstances. I didn't even know it was possible to get 00 flour to brown at 450- especially not at 110% hydration (!).

JLP
Scarsu d'ogghiu, e riccu di provolazzu ::)

Offline scottserena

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
Wow, That looks real nice. Almost Focaccia like. 40 hours cold! Must have had a great flavor. I can never wait 40 hours!

Offline sum1else

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »
This looks like an awesome base to make the Sullivan St. pizza patate

pizzapan