Author Topic: Flour disappointment at Costco Mexico  (Read 1067 times)

buceriasdon

Flour disappointment at Costco Mexico
« on: October 15, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
I made a trip into the Puerto Vallarta Costco yesterday to one, get a membership and two to see if they carried any decent flour. Sadly they only carry one Mexican brand called Select, a low protein (9%) all purpose. Sigh..... However I did find some reasonably priced, by Mexican standards, 1 kilo blocks of Manchego, Mozzarella and Gouda so the trip was not a total loss. Sam's Club carries the same brand of flour. :(

Don

Offline JJP

Re: Flour disappointment at Costco Mexico
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:27 AM »
 I tell ya what, if you cant get what you need Ill ship ya what ya want but youll have to send me some good Carne Asada in trade!!

Seriously tho, you should be able to get anything you want on line right?

buceriasdon

Re: Flour disappointment at Costco Mexico
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »
Mexico is not in the least like it's neighbor to the north when it comes to ordering things on line and shipping costs. Yes, many businesses in the U.S.A. offer international shipping but the price is very high. I was genuinely surprised Costco only carried one Mexican brand of flour. I can most likely find better flours in Guadalara, however to drive there is five some hours, the toll roads cost close to eighty dollars U.S., then gas, lodging for at least a night and the return costs.
Thanks for the kind offer.
Don

I tell ya what, if you cant get what you need Ill ship ya what ya want but you'll have to send me some good Carne Asada in trade!!

Seriously tho, you should be able to get anything you want on line right?