Just to follow up on that 1st attempt recipe I posted a couple posts ago....It can now be declared a complete bust.
I originally made 2 dough balls, with the first one detailed in my last post.
The second dough ball, I made this weekend after a 6 day cold fermentation in my 37 degree fridge. I took the dough ball out and let come to room temperature. I then tried to form a skin...once again, this dough does not a pretty skin make. It is entirely way too sticky,elastic, and weak...just a moderate stretch caused it to rip. Also, any attempt to stretch the dough on the counter caused the dough to immediately shrink back upon itself.
But the dough itself wasn't a complete waste...since it was completely impossible to make a pizza out of, I simply made some haphazard shape out of it, tossed in a pan with some oil and it wound up making some rather tasty bread.
So all in all my first experiment was quite futile. The only way it resembled the actual Dewey's dough I got my hands on was in weight. Other than that, it didn't really resemble it at all. I think in my next attempt, I may change hydration to 60%, change oil to 2.5% and opt for my typical kneading process instead of the stretch and fold technique.