Author Topic: Pizza business success :)  (Read 2285 times)

Offline jeancarlo

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza business success :)
« on: July 11, 2005, 01:01:58 AM »
It has been about a week or so that I've been working in my pizza shop by the name of "Juancho's Pizza" and I've been having great success. Everyone in town and people who come from other places as well as Americans have tried my pizzas (crunchy and thin crust, a not so thick pan pizza, a traditional pizza with some wheat flour and a whole wheat flour pizza. Most people are curious about stuff they haven't tried such as thin crust so they try it and they love it and order more. I mainly have most costumers for evenings and I'm selling at least $1000 pesos (about $100 dollars) on the slowest day and tonight (Sunday) my sales reached $3000 pesos ($300 dollars) so it's just a matter of time before I start making much more. The competition already sent a spy to check on my business and that was like whatever to me because I asked the guy if he worked at the other pizza place an he said no, then one of my employees told me he does so when he left I checked to see where he was going and he saw me so intentionally he went another way, then I looked outised again since the other place almost across from mine and he was delivering a pizza LOL. I'm just happy to finally doing business but 11am -11pm everyday is getting my feet tired but a good night sleep's all I need to make me feel better for the next day :)

Offline JimBob

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza business success :)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 06:54:02 AM »
Glad to hear your doing well.  In six months the spy will be working for you...  :o

How many pizzas are your making a day?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 08:48:26 AM by JimBob »
JimBob

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 11:27:58 AM »
jeancarlo,

Thanks for reporting back to us on your progress, and congratulations on a good beginning. Being in a small town and having a good grasp of American style pizza, you should have a competitive advantage over the other pizza places near you. My only experience with good pizza in Mexico has been in one or two places in Puerto Vallarta. But outside of PV, the quality is a lot lower. I plan to be on vacation next month outside of PV where I will be spending time in the kitchen with my daughter-in-law trying out new pizzas using the local all-purpose flour which, as you know, is all there is in the stores (other than whole wheat). I always bring down pizza pans and screens with me, and occasionally italian 00 flour and a good bread flour. My bags always get opened when the airport's security inspectors spot so much metal in my bags :).

Please keep us informed of your progress.

Peter

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 03:44:54 PM »
Congratulations!! You should ask to have your competitor to deliver you one of their pizza's. Then when the spy delivers the pizza, ...he's busted! haha
Anyway, best luck!!!!!! 

Offline JimBob

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 08:45:13 PM »
Congratulations!! You should ask to have your competitor to deliver you one of their pizza's. Then when the spy delivers the pizza, ...he's busted! haha
Anyway, best luck!!!!!! 

Fantastic idea!!!!!  hahahhahah.... :D
JimBob

Offline jeancarlo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 01:16:54 AM »
Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are my busiest days. I'm also making salads, burgers and fries and sometime soon plan on making pizza for dessert. Sundays are my busiest of all days and as for the last 2 Sundays I've sold about 30 pizzas per Sunday in the different sizes I have the least I've sold was 12 pizzas on the slowest day (Tuesday) so I'm planning on giving free 2lt soda with large or x-tra large pizza. I might later on do 2 x 1 on Tuesdays but not for now since I'm barely starting business.

Offline JimBob

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 06:10:05 AM »
Thanks for the update, keep us posted..
JimBob

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 09:51:38 AM »
Congratulations Jean Carlo.Just make the finest Pzza  aroundand you wont have to get into a promotion war with your competition or have to entice customers with freebies.The finest businesses never run sales or discounts,because they know they have the best product available.Great to hear you are getting off on a good start!
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline jeancarlo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 02:46:01 AM »
Here to report again,

I've had sales since Monday as if it was a Sunday :O and to top it off I have no delivery guys until tomorrow, the ones I had couldn't handle the job so they just didn't show up after payday (Sunday). So I've been seeling at least $2000 pesos ($200 DLLS) a day and max $3000 pesos ($300 DLLS). I wonder how much more I'm going to sell starting Thursday and Sunday, hoepffully everything's going well and people love pizza here:)

Offline JimBob

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 02:58:53 PM »
Way to go!!!  Time to take some pictures and post them on this thread.
JimBob

pizzapan