Author Topic: My trip to Naples (link to my pictures)  (Read 348 times)

Offline ryandbest

• Life Held Still Photography
My trip to Naples (link to my pictures)
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
I admit that I am mostly a lurker around these forums... although I love Neapolitan Pizza, I don't have the tools beyond my home oven to make pies that could compete with you guys haha.  I returned from Naples almost two months ago and wrote up a long(ish) post on my thoughts on the pizzeria's I visited, as well as one for the the city as a whole.  I hope it's okay, but they are already on my blog/site so I want to link you guys there.

If you'd like read about the pizza I enjoyed while there, please click here: http://lifeheldstill.com/2014/06/pizza/

If you'd like to read about Naples (Rome as well in the first part), click here: http://lifeheldstill.com/2014/06/italy/

I am in the Air Force and just found out that I will be heading to Las Vegas for my next base.  I intend on purchasing a Blackstone as soon as I buy a house... and then looking at plans for building a WFO. I'm not sure I'm ready for the step yet but I'm excited to participate more with my BS pies.

I use TXcraig neo recipe pretty much full time out here in Hawaii in my home oven.  The pizza is good by our standards but it definitely needs the heat.

Hope you don't mind the link to my site!

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
Re: My trip to Naples (link to my pictures)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »
Whow...lucky bastard...I love Hawaii...skydived at the north shore...was awesome. Your pictures and blog are awesome. Thanks for sharing... You will do well with a blackstone...  Lots of fun...and its always refreshing seeing not perfect round pizzas...

Thanks again for sharing..  Will look for your threads soon i hope...Also know a couple ex Pj's...there a crazy fun loving bunch :-D

Chris
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:26:05 PM by vandev »

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:31:08 PM »
This is a fine example of how to blog about and take pictures of one's vacation. 

Thank you for sharing.

Offline pacdunes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 05:31:35 PM »
great posts!  I love Italy but haven't been to naples.  Pretty much everywhere but.  Sicily, Rome, Amalfi coast, etc.  That being said, the neapolitan pies in all those other cities was beyond my dreams.  Not to mention the seafood.

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 05:33:44 PM »
I really like this one...  its as if it has to much cheese but on the other hand it looks perfect.... Italians... they sure know how to make great looking stuff.... ;D  looks delicious.....

Online Chaze215

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
Very nice Ryan! My wife and I are in the process of planning a trip to Rome next year (May possibly?). What hotel did u stay at in Rome? We have been told by a few people to stay in Trastevere as opposed to Rome. It is a much more quiet area, but in walking distance to a lot of the attractions in Rome and nice bars/cafes/restaurants. We were also thinking about taking the train to Naples with a stop along the Amalfi Coast. Thanks again for sharing your trip!
Chaz

Offline ryandbest

• Life Held Still Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »
Thank you so much for the kinds words everyone!

Very nice Ryan! My wife and I are in the process of planning a trip to Rome next year (May possibly?). What hotel did u stay at in Rome? We have been told by a few people to stay in Trastevere as opposed to Rome. It is a much more quiet area, but in walking distance to a lot of the attractions in Rome and nice bars/cafes/restaurants. We were also thinking about taking the train to Naples with a stop along the Amalfi Coast. Thanks again for sharing your trip!

We stayed at Al Viminale Hill Inn & Hotel right near the main station.  I loved the area and it was walking distance (a decently long walk) to all the major sights.  Rome was a lot of fun, but is definitely very touristy compared with Naples.  If you do go to Naples, I HIGHLY recommend staying with the couple that we stayed with: http://www.primopianonapoli.com/category/exhibitions/ .... PrimoPiano is a gallery/B&B, please keep in mind that Massimo's artwork is very Italian, and not shy at all haha

As I wrote in my blog, Naples is definitely an "interesting" place but it is alive with culture and the people are fun.  Don't feel nervous walking around, it was a great part of our trip.

We also went to France and England:
http://lifeheldstill.com/2014/05/france/
http://lifeheldstill.com/2014/05/our-trip-to-england/