Hi! After 4 months of not being able to make pizza (new baby girl!), I finally got the chance to try some of the new tricks I learned here in this forum from, IMO, some of the best pizza artists out there - special mention to Craig & Omid. Thanks for being so generous with your knowledge!
Caputo Pizzeria flour, 60% HD, 2.0% Starter, 2.8% Salt. Mixed & kneaded using my KA mixer
Bulk fermented for 24 hrs @ 65F
Balled and proofed for another 8 hours @ 65F and 2 hrs @ 75F
Bake time - 70 secs @ 875F hearth temp
The crust is the most tender I have made so far and did not toughen up even after 3 hrs. There was a slight crisp to the crust which I especially liked. It was great to get the results I did after a long break. I will need to get back and practice again especially in managing the oven so I can get a more consistent bake without burning some of the edges.
1) Grape tomato, fresh mozz, basil
2) Tomato, fresh mozz, basil
3) Chorizo, fresh farmed egg, pasilla chile, tomato, fresh mozz (Absolute crowd favorite!)
4) Housemade guanciale, red onion, tomato, basil
5) NY-style cheese pie in the oven (the children swarmed all over the pie so I was not able to take a picture post bake)
Btw, sorry for the odd angle in the photos. For some reason, my brother took the pics top view.