Author Topic: Bosch Uni.+ PROBLEM!  (Read 976 times)

Online Ev

• Supporting Member
Bosch Uni.+ PROBLEM!
« on: November 11, 2011, 07:51:41 PM »
I've had my BUP for maybe a year. I've probably only used it a couple dozen times. The last couple times, I thought it seemed to be struggling a bit on a normal 4 ball batch. Tonight, I made another 4 ball batch(only 850g of flour) and the machine started bogging down almost as soon as i turned it on. After maybe 30 seconds I turned it off and removed the bowl. The center hub was extremely hot. I guess there's a seized bearing or something inside. I removed the four screws on the bottom but could not get the thing apart. I guess I'll have to find a repairman. I'm not happy. >:(

Online widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
Re: Bosch Uni.+ PROBLEM!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 08:38:19 PM »
Steve,   the BUP has one of the best warranties out there.  I think its 3 years part and labor.  I almost guarantee if you contact them they will take care of it.  The service history on the Bosch machines is legendary.  Let us know how you make out.  -Marc
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:40:20 PM by widespreadpizza »

Online Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: Bosch Uni.+ PROBLEM!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »
I talked to a service rep at L'Equip, the company that handles the warranty for Bosch. He told me to box it up and send it in and he'd take care of it. So far so good.