Author Topic: Anyone ever tried 54 water/15 oil for deep dish?  (Read 867 times)

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: Anyone ever tried 54 water/15 oil for deep dish?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 07:15:22 PM »
Thanks to your input a while back, I'd be inclined to use 8 or 9 oz of cheese. Before that, I was more inclined to use 6 or 7 oz.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
Thanks to your input a while back, I'd be inclined to use 8 or 9 oz of cheese. Before that, I was more inclined to use 6 or 7 oz.
OK...great, thank you. Been getting comments about too much cheese on that other Chi style I do and got my wires crossed...10 oz's it is then!  :D
Also going to try your 3/4 in. sidewall....do you think Nate's rim pinch is thicker than .07 Ryan? Maybe the higher hydro makes it appear thicker?

Bob
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:22:02 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »
OK...great, thank you. Been getting comments about too much cheese on that other Chi style I do and got my wires crossed...10 oz's it is then!  :D
Also going to try your 3/4 in. sidewall....do you think Nate's rim pinch is thicker than .07 Ryan? Maybe the higher hydro makes it appear thicker?

Bob

The crust definitely puffs up more when putting it into the pan because of the hydration.  You can see that in the bottom crust.  It wasn't dry though so I was ok with it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:41:11 PM by pythonic »
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 09:06:47 PM »
...do you think Nate's rim pinch is thicker than .07 Ryan? Maybe the higher hydro makes it appear thicker?

I suppose Nate's probably is thicker than that number, but mine may be, too. My number is just an estimate, or theory, but it seems to translate well when I use the same criteria for other pan sizes. Particularly with 14", as I made several 14" deep dish pizzas last summer. Although my mind was all over the place when I made those pizzas, they seemed to have turned out as good as I could have hoped. Thickness seemed right and stuff.

Using the same criteria, my spreadsheet says to use 18.55 oz of dough, 19.31 oz of cheese, and 22.85 oz of sauce for a 14" deep dish.

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »
Bob,

How did she turn out?

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »
Bob,

How did she turn out?

Nate
Real good...had to do some playing around with cooking it through. That 450 was waay too hot for my gas oven. That lighter "breadier" dough probably passes heat through it faster than "regular" DD . But she was mighty fine Nate...thank you for your last minute help on that one bruddah.  ;)

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan