Author Topic: Asia, land of improvising.  (Read 350 times)

Offline osloslosher

Asia, land of improvising.
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:49:31 AM »
After moving to Taiwan it became a real task to find good pizza ingredients without spending a fortune.  The tried and true pepperoni pizza is a delicacy for the rich and privledged.  This lack of your typical pizza ingredients has given way to some delicious creations!  My first and favorite thus far has been what I like to call "momma's pork roast".  I start with a pork loin and rub it with a blend of cummin, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.  I then roast it until it is medium rare-ish with a touch of pink in the middle.  Then I cut it into thin strips and top the pizza with that mushrooms and onions.  The medium rare cook of the meat lets it complete it's cook in the oven and has almost a perfect melt in your mouth consitency when it cooks with the cheese.  It's truly a slice of heaven.

Also I have been experimenting with a chicken curry pizza that uses a thickened curry sauce as a base.  I then top with chicken, onions, and par boiled potatoes and carrots.  I'm still working with perfecting the sauce consistency, but when it has hit it's been amazing.  I would love to have posted some pictures but sadly my camera is floating around somewhere in the South China Sea.