Author Topic: hola pizza makers!  (Read 186 times)

Offline MichaelG

hola pizza makers!
« on: November 17, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »
Hi guys, Im glad to be finally joining in here at the best website on pizzamaking, by pizzamakers there is.

It's been a long time coming. My name is Michael Garcia, Mike or mikey..Wichever you prefer. I recently moved to the high plains of south eastern Colorado by way of southern California where i was born n' raised. I have a 1 1/2 yr old son named River and a little girl who's still in the "oven". And in the last 2 years when i haven't been working/getting ready to be a dad, or being a dad, iv'e been making pizza. As far back as i can remember i've been a pizza critic. My familys favorite pizzeria "chi chi's pizzeria" to blame. (not the chain pizzeria that's pronounced cee cee's) but you know, like "boobies" chee chee's! lol. This place still makes one of the best plane cheese pies iv'e ever had. Anyhow, over 2 yrs ago my pregnant wife, kid bro n i took a trip to NY. And while on this trip we hit up Di fara's, Totonnos, Johns bleeker st, Grimaldi's, Fiscoti's and lombardi's. Something about Being in the midst of these great pizza meccas inspired me, like a calling, and gave me the strong desire to start making pizza. At first my friends n family thought my new obsession was funny, but after a month or so, all i heard was "hey mike, make some pizza!". And one of the main reasons is this website. Because many of the techniques and knowledge i gained to improve my skill was from more than a few members and staff of this site. So i would just like to send a big thank you to you, the many great pizzaioli on this site. You have helped me to realize my dream.