Author Topic: Bought Myself a couple of early Christmas presents  (Read 1594 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Bought Myself a couple of early Christmas presents
« on: November 23, 2011, 03:59:45 PM »
I bought myself two 8x10” blue steel pans and one 12x17” blue steel pan for some styles of the pizzas I want to try from northernequipment.com.  I also bought one lid for the 8x10 steel pan and one lid for the 12x17 blue steel pan.  It said in my order I did order a aluminum Pan Lid for my 8x10” blue steel pan, but it came with a plastic lid for the 8x10”.  Do you think I should contact the company and say I received a plastic lid for the 8x10” blue steel pan instead of an aluminum one, or doesn’t it matter if a plastic lid is used.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Bought Myself a couple of early Christmas presents
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »
Norma,

You may want to check out Replies 1 and 2 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13687.msg137053.html#msg137053, where it is noted that Northern Pizza Equipment was to be phasing out the aluminum lids in favor of the plastic lids. If you are planning to make Jet's clones, Jet's is said to be using the plastic lids. The manufacturer of the plastic lids claims that the plastic lids offer a better fit. I tend to think that it perhaps doesn't matter all that much whether the lids are made of plastic or aluminum.

Peter

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
Those look nice! Bet you got them at good prices too eh?
 8)
I plan to order a few pans and some round ones eventually from Northern.Maybe after the Holidays are over,will add more arsenal for pizza making.I already got the pan holder from them last time I ordered.It was during a super cheap sale,so I grabbed one.Didn't think to order any pans then.
 :-D

-Bill

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 05:07:49 PM »
Norma,

You may want to check out Replies 1 and 2 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13687.msg137053.html#msg137053, where it is noted that Northern Pizza Equipment was to be phasing out the aluminum lids in favor of the plastic lids. If you are planning to make Jet's clones, Jet's is said to be using the plastic lids. The manufacturer of the plastic lids claims that the plastic lids offer a better fit. I tend to think that it perhaps doesn't matter all that much whether the lids are made of plastic or aluminum.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for referencing that thread where you did all the research.  After looking at the second post, I should have purchased my steel pans at http://www.doverparkersburg.com/products/utility_items.html  They are cheaper.  :-D At least I know that Jet’s does use plastic lids or their blue steel pans now.  I do plan on trying my blue steel pans for a Jet’s pizza, and maybe also other Detroit or Pizzarium style pizzas.  It will be interesting to see how the blue steel pans I purchased will compare with the blue steel pans I purchased at Bova Foods.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 05:15:27 PM »
Those look nice! Bet you got them at good prices too eh?
 8)
I plan to order a few pans and some round ones eventually from Northern.Maybe after the Holidays are over,will add more arsenal for pizza making.I already got the pan holder from them last time I ordered.It was during a super cheap sale,so I grabbed one.Didn't think to order any pans then.
 :-D

Bill,

The price of everything I purchased was 48.21 total including shipping.  They were really fast in getting the pans and lids to me. 

I hope you get to order a few pans.  :)  It is always nice to add to your arsenal of pizza making equipment.  >:D With each new addition, maybe more can be achieved.  I really like the idea of baking in a steel pan.  Everything is so much easier.  No need to worry about stretching the dough or sliding the dough off of a peel. Even if dough is sticky there is no problems.  :-D

Norma

buceriasdon

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
Norma, Unless the gauge of steel is significantly different between the two brands of pans I doubt you will be able to perceive any difference.
Don

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
Norma, Unless the gauge of steel is significantly different between the two brands of pans I doubt you will be able to perceive any difference.
Don

Don,

Thanks for telling me unless the gauge of steel is significantly different between the two brands of pan that you doubt I will be able to perceive any differences.  The blue steel pan I received today are much lighter than the blue steel pans I purchased at Bova Foods.  The also are taller in the depth of the pans. My other blue steel pans at market are also a lot darker in color (they look black).  The ones I received today look dark grey.

Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
Thanks for referencing that thread where you did all the research.  After looking at the second post, I should have purchased my steel pans at http://www.doverparkersburg.com/products/utility_items.html  They are cheaper.  :-D 

Norma,

Where did you see the lower prices (or any prices for that matter) at http://www.doverparkersburg.com/products/utility_items.html? When I researched the matter earlier this year, I was told by a Dover employee that they do not sell direct to the public, only through distributors and manufacturers reps. Did you mean P.A. Products by any chance (since you are a pizza operator)?

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
Norma,

Where did you see the lower prices (or any prices for that matter) at http://www.doverparkersburg.com/products/utility_items.html? When I researched the matter earlier this year, I was told by a Dover employee that they do not sell direct to the public, only through distributors and manufacturers reps. Did you mean P.A. Products by any chance (since you are a pizza operator)?

Peter

Peter,

I made a mistake when I posted that http://www.doverparkersburg.com/products/utility_items.html  steel pans were cheaper.  I meant that P.A. Products are cheaper, at 4.95 for a 8”x10” steel pan and 7.95 for a 12”x17” steel pan.

Norma
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:44:26 PM by norma427 »

pizzapan