Author Topic: White Sauce  (Read 4346 times)

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
White Sauce
« on: March 02, 2004, 11:56:47 PM »
Anybody got a good recipe for a garlic white sauce for pizza.
I have tried just using melted butter flavored with a couple of cloves of garlic. This under just cheese makes my families favorite "italian fries" which we dip in sauce.
However it is not a good enough sauce for my portabello,spinach and roma tomato pizza, which is really lacking without a proper sauce.
I have tried it with my red sauce and found that the taste of the toppings are overwhelmed by the tomato sauce.
If there are any success stories with a white sauce please tell me.
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Offline mama mia

• I'm a llama!
Re:White Sauce
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 01:11:45 PM »
well I have always either used my homemade alfredo sauce for my white pizza.......  
[or sometimes I roast some garlic, mix in with ricotta cheese and spoon that on before adding  the toppings.]

alfredo recipe:
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups milk
6 ounces fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 01:13:05 PM by mama mia »

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
Re:White Sauce
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 11:44:51 PM »
 ;D
Thanks Mama.
Sounds pretty darn good. I look forward to trying this weekend and will let you know how it went.
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group