Author Topic: Where to get Stanislaus alta cucina's?  (Read 7730 times)

Offline rawcalls

• I Love Pizza!
Where to get Stanislaus alta cucina's?
« on: July 20, 2005, 05:51:08 PM »
Can anyone tell me where I can buy these?  I don't really want a case and I live in the middle of nowhere in western Nebraksa but I love good NY style pizza so I have to try and make it myself.  Can anyone give my a good place to buy them online or maybe a restaurant supply store in Denver that sells to walk in customers.  Its a 3 hour drive to Denver but I will drive it for good ingredients.  Or, maybe someone on here would be willing to sell me a few cans.  Let me know.  Thanks, Rawcalls.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Where to get Stanislaus alta cucina's?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 07:49:12 PM »
rawcalls,

Welcome to the forum.

Unless you are near a distributor, foodservice company or a restaurant willing to sell you some Alta Cucinas, or you are able to find another member to sell you some, you may have some difficulty locating them. Also they come only in #10 cans (over 5 1/2 pounds), and are usually sold by the case (6 cans). You may be able to find an online source for some of the Stanislaus tomatoes but I have not been able to locate one that sells the Alta Cucinas.

One possibility you might consider is to call PennMac (1-800-223-5928) and ask for Rose, who is a member of the forum. I have an old copy of the PennMac product list and see that the Alta Cucinas are on the list. You might ask if it is possible to buy just one can.

Maybe some of our members can also steer you in the right direction.

Peter

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 04:01:50 PM »
I spoke today with Rose at PennMac about the Stanislaus Alta Cucina tomatoes. Rose told me that they sell the Alta Cucinas by the can (#10 can), at $4.50 a can, and by the case (6 cans), at $19.95. Shipping, of course, is extra, but Rose made a point to mention that if one buys more than, say, a single item, the shipping charges get spread over a larger base and are more tolerable. She also mentioned that the PennMac website will soon be updated to add other Stanislaus products. It appears that all the Stanislaus tomatoes will have pretty much the same per/can and per/case prices as quoted above.

Peter

Offline JAG

• The passion of the crust!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 07:32:05 AM »
rawcalls,

If you are still looking for Alta Cucina I can get it buy the can, (#10 can) for $3.59. If you want to check on shipping costs, I would be willing to get you some. Shipping would be from Columbus Ohio. The weight of the can is 7lbs.

JAG

Offline rawcalls

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 01:52:07 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I spoke with Rose at PennMac and can get everything I need from them.  Finally, I can make a pizza with good ingredients like I have wanted to.  BTW, I am using a Big Green Egg grill to bake my pizzas and baking them at about 700 degrees with great results.  I hope to post some pics soon. I would recommend the BGE to anyone who would like to cook their pizzas at high temperatures over natural lump charcoal and also have the best grilled meats in the world.  I am not an advertiser, just a very happy customer.

Offline mivler

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 08:28:07 AM »
I know this is an old post but I found a place selling 28oz cans. Shipping is high.
http://www.sciabica.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_recno=1&p_catid=23&p_func=jump

28 oz Alta Cucina Plum Tomatoes     $ 1.25     12     $ 15.00
Price Reduced                                         $ -0.12        12       $ -1.44 (12 or more cans)
Subtotal (excluding shipping and tax) :                         $ 13.56
Shipping (UPS Ground (USPS Mail for catalogs)):           $ 20.60 (to NY)
Total:                                                                                    $ 34.16

Offline anthony2173

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 11:06:53 AM »
I just ordered another case of #10 Full Red from Sciabica and paid 17.95 for UPS ground shipping. This doesn't sound like a lot but I only live 2 hours from their facility in Modesto. They kinda have me though. There are no other places I can get these products locally and it's well worth the price once you have tasted the difference between Stanislaus and standard grocery store tomatoes.

If you get a chance try the Sciabica olive oil. It's a little more expensive but well worth the money.
If I spent this much time researching my investments I would be retired by now.