Author Topic: White sauce recipe  (Read 1595 times)

Offline sarduyjorge

White sauce recipe
« on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
Need a white sauce recipe for a pizza pie,

thanks

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: White sauce recipe
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
I suggest that you use the forum's search features since this subject has been covered before on several occasions.

Peter

buceriasdon

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:42:29 PM »
A different take on white sauce. Cut of the tops of one to two heads of garlic, I'm a garlic lover so I use two. Create a baking dish out of aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil over and into the garlic head(s). Place the foil dish with the garlic heads in a 375F oven for near an hour till deep brown but not burnt. When baked and cooled pop the garlic cloves out of the skin. I use a mini food processor to finely chop the cloves. Heat 1/2 can coconut milk with a teaspoon cornstarch to simmer stirring frequently, add the chopped garlic and stir until slightly thickened. One can also add the cloves to the coconut milk and use an immersion stick blender, then heat. Nice change from Alfredo sauce. I make this for my vegan friend's pizzas. Canned coconut milk spoils quickly once opened so best to use it within a few days.
Reply 12 is an example    http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,14086.0.html
Don

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 02:50:47 AM »
the white sauce i usually use is 3/16lb margarine, 1/16lb butter, 1/8lb olive oil, 1-2 cloves of garlic, ~1/16t black pepper, no salt, no sugar, 1/2t parsley, basil, oregano.  mince garlic, add 1T of olive oil to a saucepan.   brown your garlic.   add the spices, butter and margarine and turn down to a low heat until melted, stirring as needed to prevent sticking.  when it's all melted, stir/whisk in your remaining oil.

why oil?  it keeps the butter fluid at room temp enough to be used without a knife, but still thick enough to stick to a silicone brush.

if i'm making a garlic ranch base, i use hidden valley ranch powder 1T to 1/8c light mayo (not miracle whip) and 1/2c 2% or whole milk (not heated at all at any point) to a cooled garlic butter mixture at a ratio of garlic:ranch 2:1 to 4:1 depending on the toppings.
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »
Need a white sauce recipe for a pizza pie,

thanks

sarduyjorge,

If you are interested, this is a thread I started about white pizzas.  Others members gave me ideas for white pizzas.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10213.0.html

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline sarduyjorge

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 08:15:59 AM »
thanks for the info  :chef: