Author Topic: What I've realized after joining this forum  (Read 659 times)

Offline PHXCobra

What I've realized after joining this forum
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
I have to step up my game. 

My equipment and recipes all could use some serious pick-me-up.  After extensive time working in very busy restaurants I am confident in my ability to ASSEMBLE a pizza with the best of them, but beyond that, I might as well be in the stone age (at least then I'd have a decent stone).

Also need a fridge dedicated to my dough and other pizza type stuff.  My other fridge is too full of other stuff and wasn't very big to start.  There is about a 100% chance this fridge could double as a beer fridge because what goes better with pizza then beer??? 

In closing, thank you guys for what you've helped me with so far, and will help me with in the future.  I'll be throwing up my pizzas and recipes in the future for all to critique.   

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: What I've realized after joining this forum
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
Sounds good, especially the part about storing beer in the fridge.  I too have learned a great deal from reading this website. There is just so much information here it is mind boggling.  I think the two most important things are a good recipe and a good pizza stone (or sheet metal). And practice, practice, practice.  Luckily the practice is a lot of fun! 

Regards, 

Tin Roof

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
welcome and we are looking forward to your contributions.

Offline Meatballs

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
There is a reason beer is known as liquid bread!  You can still call it your pizza dough refrigerator.

Ron

PS: Just realized I put pizza dough in one of my beer fridges 20 minutes ago.  Yes, fridges, plural, I have 5 of them just for beer, 1 for kegs, 1 for fermentations.  There are 3 wine fridges for 1 for Belgians and Ales, 1 for real ale and 1 for aging belgians and ales and cheese.

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
I have 2 fridges myself.One to hold the beer,the dough and misc drinks,the other strictly for food.
 :)

That said,5 fridges Ron? WOW! Would love to see some pics of all them and whats inside!
 8)
-Bill