Author Topic: Presto Revolving pizza cookers  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Presto Revolving pizza cookers
« on: December 16, 2003, 12:54:34 PM »
Anybody try one of those Presto Revolving pizza cookers?

Offline Wayne

Re:Presto Revolving pizza cookers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 07:24:52 PM »
Is that the small electric powered thingy?  With the spinning part that you stick the pizza on?  If it is, I got one and it's a piece of junk.  It cooks so unevenly it's pitiful.  There's 2 heat sources.  One for th ebottom and one for the top.  You can either just use the top, the bottom, or both.  But the thing is it NEVER cooks evenly.  If you turn them both on, the top will burn before the bottom is cooked.  So you have to constantly get up and alternate them and mess with them to get your pizza to come out acceptable.  There's no reason to use this instead of the oven.
Trancending time, an age old battle with no victor...

An eternal struggle withthin every being...

The threads of fate which bind the very essence of existence...

Thick crust, or thin?

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 10:16:09 AM »
I watched them demo one at a wal-mart.  They were having all sorts of problems.  Like Wayne said you have to cook the bottom then turn on the top at the right time.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 10:46:13 AM »
It looked kind of goofy and it apprently is from what everybody says.  I was curious and now I am not.

Thanks Wayne and DKM.

Randy

Allen

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 04:52:54 PM »
Randy,

I saw one of these at a friend's house.  They like gadgets but only used it to heat frozen pizzas.  I tried it out using a pizza mix, pepperoni, and cheese as the "basics."  When I first saw these things in stores I regarded them as most likely a useless appliance -- one of those things you try once and it lives in your closet from then on.  But, I was surprised.  It could have some interesting posibilities.  Is it worth the $45 to $55 price?  Is it any good?  It probably depends on how you use it and what you expect.  It's not a wood-fired brick oven (my dream) and not as good as tricks you can do with an ordinary oven in your kitchen.  Still, it's interesting.  I got one for Christmas and I'm going to run it through its paces.

I've have pics and lots of details on preparation and cooking regarding my use of the Presto at

http://www.hahanna.com/pizza/pizza10.htm

so take a look if you're curious.  I'm not claiming this is any great technique, just quick and easy.  Feedback is welcome.

Allen