Author Topic: High Temp Countertop Oven  (Read 20985 times)

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
Re: High Temp Countertop Oven
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2016, 04:56:49 PM »
Sure;

http://pizzapartyshop.com/en/accessories/59-wood-fired-oven-floor-biscotto-saputo.html

thank you, I could check out if the double thermostat for top or bottom element shortly

Offline Matthew

• Supporting Member
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »
That would be great;thank you.  If you could take a picture it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Offline Matthew

• Supporting Member
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2016, 07:04:37 PM »
Mathew, just curious what did you remove and left them inside the side wall? are you referring to the thermocouples? thanks

Yes, exactly.

Matt

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2016, 02:25:44 AM »
Hi,Mathew, I got a chance talking with SAGE's sales person here in China, she said the thermostat controlled the upper and bottom heating elements, and the other thermostat send the message back to the thermo-meter which measures the temperature of the upper level of the chamber. not sure if this answers your question.

Since I am based in Shanghai, while this vendor located in Gangzhou which is more than 1,000 KM away from, and unfortunately they don't have office what's so ever in my area. it seems difficult to take a picture.

now they developed a couple of new deck oven, which has inside dimension of 1286*665*180mm, and 965*665*180mm, double layer. I am talking to them if they could modify the upper thermo control at 500 C, they will give me a reply tomorrow as she promised.

Do you think if this oven is qualified for commercial operation after modification in order to produce Neapolitan pizza proxy based on your experience using their oven?

That would be great;thank you.  If you could take a picture it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Offline Matthew

• Supporting Member
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2016, 05:52:54 AM »

You would have to replace the stone with a less conductive one like the biscotto.  Even if you modify the upper thermo it will still cycle on & off so it will not work.  The only way to get Neo temps is to remove thermostat & play around with the temperature manually. 

Matt

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2016, 06:14:05 AM »
I see, will look out for the stone, just want to get it right, when you say less conductive, it means less Al2O3 content in the clay, or the opposite? ??? :) :) :)

You would have to replace the stone with a less conductive one like the biscotto.  Even if you modify the upper thermo it will still cycle on & off so it will not work.  The only way to get Neo temps is to remove thermostat & play around with the temperature manually. 

Matt

Offline Matthew

• Supporting Member
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2016, 07:24:47 AM »
Sorry; you're asking the wrong person. I have no idea on the technical data.

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »
I see, will look out for the stone, just want to get it right, when you say less conductive, it means less Al2O3 content in the clay, or the opposite? ??? :) :) :)

That's correct, lower Al2O3 is less conductive.
In grams we trust.

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »
That's correct, lower Al2O3 is less conductive.

Thank you