Author Topic: Mobile pizza oven.  (Read 3589 times)

Offline cosgrojo

Mobile pizza oven.
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »
I've read some of the other threads on these units... Was curious if anyone on this forum has any experience with this particular brand? Interested in this "le Panyol" style, and what you guys may think of the properties of these ovens compared to traditional firebrick models.

https://mainewoodheat.com/wood-fired-ovens/signature-copper-oven-series-2/mobile-wood-fired-ovens/

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Mobile pizza oven.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
I've read some of the other threads on these units... Was curious if anyone on this forum has any experience with this particular brand? Interested in this "le Panyol" style, and what you guys may think of the properties of these ovens compared to traditional firebrick models.

https://mainewoodheat.com/wood-fired-ovens/signature-copper-oven-series-2/mobile-wood-fired-ovens/

You know, I have been looking at these ovens off and on for quite some time now. The biggest concern I have with them is that they do not have a neapolitan dome - it is continuously arched from what I can see. I have always wanted to try out a bake in them to see if they would work - the company is not that far from me.

John

Offline cosgrojo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 12:06:22 PM »
John, I have sent them an inquiry.  I'll let you know what I find out in regards to pricing structures and the properties of their dome configurations in regards to baking and efficiency.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »
The biggest concern I have with them is that they do not have a neapolitan dome - it is continuously arched from what I can see.

Here is the site of the ovens they use. Click on the oven size and it tells you the interior height http://www.lepanyol.com/gb/produits/panyol-produits-particuliers.html. The mobile 120cm oven has a 17" dome height.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:04:40 PM »
Thanks Craig. I also sent them an email today, and it turns out that a 120cm oven on a stand and with a metal enclosure starts at $25k. You can see a pic of the oven here:

http://mainewoodheat.com/wood-fired-ovens/steel-turnkey-oven-gallery/

A Stefano Ferrara oven delivered from Naples would cost around 13K.

John

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
I also inquired about these when I was doing my research on the mobile ovens. I  loved the look but the price  :o Like John says get me some wheels for that Stephano anyday!!
JOhn
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 06:56:25 PM »
Thanks Craig. I also sent them an email today, and it turns out that a 120cm oven on a stand and with a metal enclosure starts at $25k. You can see a pic of the oven here:

http://mainewoodheat.com/wood-fired-ovens/steel-turnkey-oven-gallery/

A Stefano Ferrara oven delivered from Naples would cost around 13K.

John

Wow thats way to much. You could probably get a FB on a trailer for half that cost.

Offline cosgrojo

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 07:42:45 PM »
Yeah... Very pricey. From what I can gather a good portion of that extra money goes toward the artisan copper covering.  While striking, and beautiful... Very pricey. I did see some pictures of models without the copper, those might be more reasonable. The literature they sent me stressed the artisanship of the product and the extreme efficiency. Quick heating times, and they claim the longest lasting, and most consistent temperature, with one bundle of wood. Don't know if that's worth the extra ten g's... But it sure is pretty...

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »
Yes  not quite 1/2 for the $48" FWI will run you about 19+- for that 120 size. Remeber its only money  >:D  get what you want.  Its a long term investment I alsojust did not like the overal look of the way it sits on the trailer. I can hook you up with my builder just shoot me a PM.
He will gladly price an artisan brick finish inside oven for you.
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline cosgrojo

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »
John- I'm really just investigating at this point. No solid plans to buy. No matter what, it is going to take a fair amount of convincing to get my wife to sign off on any of these ideas.  Question. If I provided the vehicle... Could your builder customize the vehicle to hold the oven... Say a gutted box style van? Or does he only build the oven?

Thanks!

Offline cosgrojo

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:35:04 AM »
I like these... Simple, clean, and the price is very good. They have some interesting mobile designs... But I don't really like them that much. Thinking it might be easier to get an oven separately and have someone retrofit vehicle of my choice to required specifications, and then place oven in it.

Oops forgot the link...

http://rockymountainwoodfireovens.com/index.php?p=37&apercu=glopglop
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:38:52 AM by cosgrojo »

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »
Very pricey. I did see some pictures of models without the copper, those might be more reasonable. The literature they sent me stressed the artisanship of the product and the extreme efficiency. Quick heating times, and they claim the longest lasting, and most consistent temperature, with one bundle of wood. Don't know if that's worth the extra ten g's... But it sure is pretty...

The email I got from them stated that copper or steel, it is the same price due to the amount of "artistic labor" that goes into each oven. I mentioned that I am after neapolitan pizza, and that a well known maker in Italy (I did not mention SF by name) could ship the same size oven for considerably less. They replied back that I should be wary of cutting corners on costs since most other oven makers do not know how to make ovens with the correct mass and efficiency for baking pizza at high temps.

John

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 12:04:35 PM »
The email I got from them stated that copper or steel, it is the same price due to the amount of "artistic labor" that goes into each oven. I mentioned that I am after neapolitan pizza, and that a well known maker in Italy (I did not mention SF by name) could ship the same size oven for considerably less. They replied back that I should be wary of cutting corners on costs since most other oven makers do not know how to make ovens with the correct mass and efficiency for baking pizza at high temps.

John

Are you thinking about starting a MWFO? Putting a FN or SF oven on a trailer would probably be a bad idea because of the individual bricks. Especially where we live the roads are horrible, you'd probably have bricks falling out of the doom sooner or later. But I get what your saying about the oven cost. I wonder what they would have said if you did mention it was an SF oven if they even know who he is.

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 12:19:55 PM »
If I was going mobile I'd cast my own in a heart beat.  Castable was surprisingly easy to work with an inexpensive.  I bet you could cast a decent sized oven 2 inches thick for under 500 and it would be exactly what you want.
-Jeff

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »
Are you thinking about starting a MWFO?.

David - No, not at all. I was just looking at ovens on stands. FWIW - the mobile version of that copper 120 oven starts at 26k.

John

Offline Tman1

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 09:06:19 AM »
At this point I concur with JConk's assertions.. I also looked at Rocky Mountain.. when I contacted them previously they do not have NSF listings.. which I need in my state, so  a home built version for the oven is out (Matthew [forum member] has a guy in Canada too, but he doesn't have the accredations (sp?) needed either, but the ovens look pretty good).  Le Panyol ovens look nice, and I did a little research to see if I could buy an oven, then have a local metal guy do the copper surround... there was some savings, but not enough to merit going that route IMO.
One thing I think that gets overlooked on some units, or set-ups to be more accurate, is that the oven mouth doesn't face the crowd (more seen on enclosed trailers).. I think that is a huge mistake. Everyone sits around a bonfire just to watch the flames, by taking away the view of the fire in the oven you're losing a valuable 'entertainment' advantage..

Offline joe zep

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »
Does anyone have recommendations on a good quality pizza oven? I plan on mounting the oven in a trailer for festivals. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.