Author Topic: White Bianca questions  (Read 787 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
White Bianca questions
« on: December 16, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »
Does anyone have a white Bianca recipe? I am most concerned about the white sauce. My favorite pizza place uses what appears to be, crushed garlic in olive oil and butter. I watch them spread it on the dough like you would the tomatoe sauce. They they add fresh basil leaves, cover it with mozzarella cheese, even a few pieces of fresh mozzarella, then they put on rounded sliced Roma Tomatoes in top. When it comes out of the oven, they wipe the crust once again with the same garlic based sauce. The pizza is amazing.

Again, I was ondering if anyone has this sauce reciepe? i would also welcome any other comments or Bianca recipes that you have tried and recommend. Thank you very much

Tom

buceriasdon

Re: White Bianca questions
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
Tom,Though I make a number of  "white" sauces with milk, creme, or coconut milk with garlic (favorite of mine)another favorite of mine is a simple and easy garlic infused olive oil. My Mexican stove is difficult to turn down enough to simmer so I use a mini crockpot. I'm a garlic head so I use six or so garlic cloves finely minced , using a mini food processor on pulse to mince. I then simmer with a 1/4 or more cup good grade olive oil watching carefully to not over simmer which makes the garlic bitter. Just tiny bubbles rising. Golden brown not dark brown. The trick is to shut the heat off when just golden as the garlic will continue to cook for a bit. I crush a bit of Mexican oregano in with the oil and garlic and let it cool. One can strain the garlic out of course and use as a tasty oil.
Don
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:46:35 AM by buceriasdon »

pizzapan