Author Topic: NY Neighborhoods  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Sacs

• I Love Pizza!
NY Neighborhoods
« on: July 31, 2005, 04:11:31 PM »
Four of us are planning a weekend in NY to visit about 10 pizzerias. I've been to NY before, but never Brooklyn or Harlem. I'm just curious how safe some of the neighborhoods are. Mainly when taking the subway to Difara's, Nick's, Patsy's, and Sal and Carmine's. Also, does anyone know if Joe's is still open? Thanks.

Offline foster444

• I Love Pizza!
Re: NY Neighborhoods
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 08:32:46 PM »
They are all fine.  New York is the safest large city in the U.S. and has been for years.  Have you been to John's Pizza in Greenwich Village?  It's on Bleeker St., between 6th and 7th Ave.  Great pie.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 09:42:47 PM »
I agree, Patsy's is probably in the worst neighborhood of the places you have mentioned, but even that area is much safer than it once was. 

Offline Sacs

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 07:40:20 AM »
Yeah, we went to the Bleeker street John's last time I was in NY. Might try the Times Square location this time. We are going to try to go to about 10 pizzeria's in one weekend, which might be tough considering only two of them sell slices. As far as the neighborhoods, Patsy's in East Harlem is the one I was most concerned about. Also the subway ride to DiFara's.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 11:57:31 AM »
di fara's is in  a really safe neighborhood.   I don't know how long it takes to get there on a subway, but it is pretty quick by car from NYC.  I think last time it took me about 15 minutes by car from Grimaldi's.  That was with no traffic.

pizzapan