Author Topic: Should I throw this Lehmann dough out and start over?  (Read 3869 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Should I throw this Lehmann dough out and start over?
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »
Norma

Peter Reinhart's book "Whole Grains" has a wealth of info on dealing with baking whole grain flours. He uses "soakers", a technique of mixing the flour with water and letting it soak for an extended length of time before bringing the dough together. Check it out, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It is always available at my local library, I'm sure the same would apply for you. Try it before you buy it!

dmcavanagh,

Thanks for the tip to look at Peter Reinhart's book "Whole Grains"!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »
Norma.

If you plan to use the Ultragrain flour again, you may want to investigate which Ultragrain flour you have been using. The Ultragrain Hard Wheat flour seems to be much more water hungry than the Ultragrain Soft Wheat flour.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 09:31:46 PM »
Norma.

If you plan to use the Ultragrain flour again, you may want to investigate which Ultragrain flour you have been using. The Ultragrain Hard Wheat flour seems to be much more water hungry than the Ultragrain Soft Wheat flour.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the tip to investigate which Ultragrain flour I have been using. I didnít know the Hard Wheat Flour seems to be much more water hungry then the Ultragrain Soft Wheat flour. I will try again with the Ultragrain flour

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan