Author Topic: Listing of Italian Pizza Sauce Makers?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline PizzaEater101

Listing of Italian Pizza Sauce Makers?
« on: December 19, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
This Italian store called Claros used to carry a pizza sauce from Italy I loved.  They sold two different brands from Italy.  One of them was good and one was great.  I forgot the name yet they stopped carrying it so I have no idea what it is called.  If I saw a listing of sauces really made in Italy, not the US by Italians but in Italy I might recognize the name.   They carry only two sauces I know of now.  One is Cento and one is their own in house made sauce.   I found a few online that are from Italy but not really the right ones.  Anyone have a big list of actual pizza sauce made in Italy?

Thanks

Offline dipizzaepizzerie

• http://www.dipizzaepizzerie.com/
Re: Listing of Italian Pizza Sauce Makers?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »
This Italian store called Claros used to carry a pizza sauce from Italy I loved.  They sold two different brands from Italy.  One of them was good and one was great.  I forgot the name yet they stopped carrying it so I have no idea what it is called.  If I saw a listing of sauces really made in Italy, not the US by Italians but in Italy I might recognize the name.   They carry only two sauces I know of now.  One is Cento and one is their own in house made sauce.   I found a few online that are from Italy but not really the right ones.  Anyone have a big list of actual pizza sauce made in Italy?

Thanks
I'm Italian and living in Italy. I'll be glad to help you out. With "pizza sauce" do you mean the tomato sauce?
Daniela

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:33:16 PM »
I'm Italian and living in Italy. I'll be glad to help you out. With "pizza sauce" do you mean the tomato sauce?
Daniela

Hi Daniela, I mean sauce that is tomato, yes, but it's made specifically for pizza.  It's a fully prepared sauce.  Thanks.

buceriasdon

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
Wal Mart Mexico on occasion carries a Italian brand of pizza sauce named "Cirio". I generally clear the shelf and take every can home with me. Check your WalMart.
Don

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »
Wal Mart Mexico on occasion carries a Italian brand of pizza sauce named "Cirio". I generally clear the shelf and take every can home with me. Check your WalMart.
Don

Thanks for the tip.  I will look out for it and try it.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
Don
don, what makes this sauce so good can you give the ingredient list?