Author Topic: Kitchen Aid went to hell. Im buying a Bosch Delux  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Jimmy V

• I Love Pizza / Fishing/ and Drag Racing.
Kitchen Aid went to hell. Im buying a Bosch Delux
« on: December 20, 2011, 08:31:20 PM »
Heard some bad news on the Kitchen Aid mixers, I had
 one... didnt hold up, so its time for a Bosch deluxe

Offline Fire-n-smoke

Re: Kitchen Aid went to hell. Im buying a Bosch Delux
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 10:49:48 AM »
I've been lucky with my kitchenaide.  She's been working dilligently for years.  But I did see in one of my kitchen catalogs that Kitchenaide now has a 7 quart 1.3 horsepower mixer out and am wondering how well that one might work.
tom

Offline breadman_nz

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
I've been lucky with my kitchenaide.  She's been working dilligently for years.  But I did see in one of my kitchen catalogs that Kitchenaide now has a 7 quart 1.3 horsepower mixer out and am wondering how well that one might work.
tom

You may have one of the old Hobart-era KA's - or been lucky (like my brother, with a 5qt 'Pro' K5). The 7qt still has similar construction to the other KAs i.e. a direct drive motor. Shoulda been geared, IMHO.

Offline tikidoc

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
Heard some bad news on the Kitchen Aid mixers, I had one... didnt hold up, so its time for a Bosch deluxe

Depending on what you want to do and your budget, I would also consider an Electrolux Verona (previously DLX or Assistent).  I got one when my second KA in 5 years died, and I love it.  I also have a Bosch Compact for little jobs and it is a fantastic little mixer.  Both Bosch and Electrolux are excellent mixers.  By Deluxe, do you mean the Universal?

Offline lifevicarious

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
As a new owner of the Bosch Universal, I must say I am very impressed. I also have a KA but decided to invest in the Bosch prior to killing the KA which has it's own uses (great for smaller jobs like mixing egg whites for my waffles, quick cakes, etc.) Plus my wife would kill me if I ruined HER mixer!  :-D

pizzapan