Author Topic: Schiacciata all'uva - Focaccia with grapes  (Read 12092 times)

buceriasdon

Re: Schiacciata all'uva - Focaccia with grapes
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
Peter, I used .130 TF with San Blas AP 11.5 protein and La Perla Integral flour 13.21 protein. Same day dough. Like I said, next time more water, I used 58%, and overnight CF. I made it small so as to not have a lot of leftovers but people here at the hotel finished it off in no time. A reason to have another go at it soon.
Don

buceriasdon

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »
I made a preferment last night and baked this afternoon. Take off on Silverton's recipe, very pleased with the way it turned out overall, anyways once again I barely got a picture and it was gone. Next time, more grapes!!
Don
add. A guest here was kind enough to bring one piece so I could get a pic........then poof,gone.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:00:49 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
Pretty pretty!!  That looks sooooo good!

buceriasdon

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 08:29:51 AM »
Thanks Robyn! I do believe I have got my go to recipe now once I get my grape amount sorted out. I have to use up the grapes I have on hand, so it's another one today. I'm dedicated to oven roasting the grapes, I find it concentrates the flavor and cuts back the water content. Hasta luego.
Don

buceriasdon

Re: Schiacciata all'uvroasteda - Focaccia with grapes
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »
In the interest of science I wanted to see what a few unroasted grapes would do. One thing I noticed when pressing them into the dough was they wanted to come back to the surface more than the roasted grapes. My theory is the roasted grapes have somewhat of a wrinkled raisin like skin that better grips the soft dough plus perhaps having less moisture from baking. You can defiantly see the difference after baking. I sprinkled a bit more sugar on the top hence the darker browning, I like it better.
Don

buceriasdon

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »
Oops, forgot the cut piece photo.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »
Don

I just happened to hit back on this thread and saw that you made the schiacciata, beautiful job. How did you like it, and will this be part of your regular pizza rotation? I had two ideas to change it up, cherries when in season, although pitting is a pia, and a dessert style pizza with "plum sweets". Plum Sweets" are chocolate covered pieces of prunes, absolutely delicious little morsels that would be outstanding for a dessert pizza.

buceriasdon

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
Hi Dave, Thanks but I really credit Nancy Silverton's focaccia recipe for whatever success I've had. If I ever see some Bob's Red Mill rye flour I'm going to bring it home with me, however I like the blend of the Integral flour available here also. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the chocolate covered prunes, can't say I've seen them around this part of the world.
Don

Offline dmcavanagh

buceriasdon

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
Thanks Dave, I have to admit I don't go down the candy isle at the supermarkets but I will next time. Mexicans love sweets.
Don

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »
Don, you usually find them with raisins, nuts and dried fruits near the produce aisle, at least that's the way it is around here. Have never seen them shelved in the candy aisle.

buceriasdon

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2012, 05:27:05 PM »
Dave, They do things, how do I say, differently down here :P Only in Mexico have I seen a promotional package of tequila and dish soap together. I have no idea who thinks these things up or for that matter why.
Don

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
 :-D

pizzapan