Author Topic: Trying New Starter with CY and Molasses  (Read 3240 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Trying New Starter with CY and Molasses
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
The Amish bread is finished and turned out good, at least in my opinion.  After the 5 loaves cooled a little, I sliced a loaf and had 3 slices while still warm with lots of butter.  :P  At least I could taste that the dough when baked was fermented at room temperature and had the CY and molasses starter, as a leavening agent.

The rest of the loaves are for Christmas tomorrow.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
Norma

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »
Nice job on the Amish bread Norma.  Could you make any comparisons of this bread with similar breads you've made in the past with IDY or perhaps even fresh CY?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 12:07:16 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 10:29:55 PM »
Nice job on the Amish bread Norma.  Could you make any comparisons of this bread with similar breads you've made in the pass with IDY or perhaps even fresh CY?

Chau,

Thanks for saying I did a nice job on the Amish bread.  :) I only tried this bread recipe one other time with IDY, but that time I didnít do everything right.  I still probably didnít do everything right, because I donít bake a lot of bread, but the attempt today turned out a lot better in taste of the bread.  There was something special about it, but I am not sure it was from the CY and molasses starter, the bulk ferment before dividing, scaling, then into the pan, or if it was the two punch downs, then letting it ferment in the pans again.  I never tried fresh cake yeast when making bread.  I would love to play around more with making bread, but eat too much pizzas as it is. I will see how the ďgangĒ at my granddaughters home likes the bread tomorrow for Christmas.  The Amish bread does have a little sweet taste in the bread, but that is the way Amish bread is supposed to taste.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 07:40:39 PM »
At Reply 1090 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg165002.html#msg165002 I am trying the CY with molasses starter with the preferment Lehmann dough.

Norma