Author Topic: How does the Micro Mixer sp5 compare to the Electrolux  (Read 856 times)

Offline Drgolf369

How does the Micro Mixer sp5 compare to the Electrolux
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
I am looking for the best home dough mixing machine. If the quality is the same then versatility and price can be a factor.
Thanks, Joel

Offline dmcavanagh

Re: How does the Micro Mixer sp5 compare to the Electrolux
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »
The best home dough making machine is a big bowl, a danish dough whisk and 2 hands. It's cheap! ::)

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »
When making pizza at home hand mixing gets my vote too. It really isn't hard, and when done right, the total mixing time will only be a couple of minutes, and you won't get biceps like the village blacksmith either.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Sartanely

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »
I am like in your situation.from my experience you have to research and try several of mixer before you get the right one. Which might be costly. I bought a Bosch universal plus based on the review but I returned it after several of week usage. I did not like the way it mix the dough and the bowl with that central shaft. I really like the design,versatility  and power of Hobart but way to expensive for me. I just back ordered a kitchenAid 7qt commercial mixer with 1.3 HP motor from William Samona and will see if I like it or not. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/search/results.html?words=kitchenaid%20stand%20mixer%2C%207-qt.I started a new thread in equipment section of this forum asking for comenets and reviews for this mixer before ordering one but no responses yet. So once I get one I see how it will perform.
 I was considering sp5 but I saw that it does not have attachment hub.