Author Topic: hello! help me find a cast iron deep dish pizza pan?  (Read 3319 times)

Offline lavid

hello! help me find a cast iron deep dish pizza pan?
« on: December 23, 2011, 04:49:49 PM »
hey, i'm new... and looking for a cast iron deep dish pizza pan (all the skillets i've seen don't have steep enough edges. i'm looking for something that is the shape of a normal deep dish pizza pan, but is made of cast iron) OR some sort of confirmation that there's another material that'll have similar properties for caramelizing the overflow cheese on the edge of a pizza.

thanks!

buceriasdon

Offline lavid

Re: hello! help me find a cast iron deep dish pizza pan?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:02:37 PM »
ha! that's the one i already have. my problem is that the sides are slanted too much so when i pull the pizza out, it doesn't maintain its shape. i just bought a PSTK pan and a blue steel pan and i'll have to see how those work out, but i'm still looking for help!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: hello! help me find a cast iron deep dish pizza pan?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 11:02:27 AM »
i think you need a steel pan such as the ones available from american metalcraft.once it is blackened with a little oil and a overnight bake it will do exactly what you want it to do. a cast iron pan would need pre heating, then you would be getting away from the normal method for dd pizza.pm if you want to sample a pan befor buying

pizzapan