Author Topic: Getting ready to build a new wood fired pizza oven  (Read 4162 times)

Offline trif1010

Getting ready to build a new wood fired pizza oven
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:41:21 PM »
I'm planning on building a wood fired pizza oven inside my house (new construction). Many manufacturers to chose from. Looking at Mugnaini, Forno bravo and Superior Clay bake ovens. The oven will be next to my rumford fireplace (good components from Superior Clay, but not sure about their bake oven components) in the kitchen/great room area. I would like the best quality oven available. Any opinions?

Offline flyboy4ual

Re: Getting ready to build a new wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
Don't forget Earthstone.  I have a Forno Bravo and by the looks of the two, the Earthstone appears to be casted much better than the Forno Bravo.  If I built one in a house I would definitely go with the earthstone!

Scott D.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »
I have both ovens  and pick  the earthstone handsdown!  I just had a consult and he went with an earthstone. He is very happy with it ! Mugniani is quite nice and the Pavesi is nicey but pricey!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline trif1010

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
Have you looked at this thread?  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13956.0.html 

I think it's the only inside-house thread on the forum.  We are VERY happy with our oven, so of course I suggest you add Four Grand-Mere to your list.  Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.  There's a ton of information in the Hearth Ovens sub-category, which is dedicated to WFOs. 

You will be so happy with an indoor oven - I'm so glad we did it!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
Yes four grand mere a very good recommendation indeed! :)
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline trif1010

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »
A restaurant in town (Capriccio, Saratoga Springs, NY) has a Cirigliano Forni. This oven comes ready to use. Only hookup needed is the flue pipe. They love it. It comes in various sizes. Check them out. Seems to be very high quality. www.fornicirigliano.com. Has anyone heard of these ovens imported from Italy?

Offline trif1010

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »
Robyn, thanks for the link to your great thread! And I see that you also looked at the Cirigliano Forni. I'm just starting to build my new house now, so I've got to make a decision pretty quick. 

My site: www.terracehomebuilders.com

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »
I love the CF ovens, and if we could have done one, we would have.  The close proximity to a dealer and the easier installation made the FGM work for us, and I do love my oven, but I think you'd be VERY happy with a CF.  Contact Jraducha on this forum, he just put one in and he loves it. 

Offline trif1010

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 09:37:35 AM »
I decided on the Cirigliano Forni. I broke ground on the house in mid-January. Oven actually just arrived. I'm going to start a new threat with construction photos of the build. Thank you all for your advice on ovens.

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »
Awesome!  Can't wait to see it.  Be sure to post under Hearth Ovens so more people will find it easily.  What size CF did you go with?  How was the buying process?  (Curious after my experience)

Offline trif1010

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 11:32:43 AM »
I went with the 90, which gives me about a 32" interior deck. Process was a bit slow, but smooth. Overall, they are nice people to deal with. I will start the topic under Hearth Ovens. Thanks for the tip.