Author Topic: Did I get the wrong cutter pan, or did I order it wrong?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Did I get the wrong cutter pan, or did I order it wrong?
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 07:28:15 AM »
Norma,

See Reply 2 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,105.msg712.html#msg712.

Peter

Peter,

I did see that Steveís cracker style dough ball looked exactly like a ďBrainď, from you link.  :-D  Never saw that thread before.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 05:47:31 PM »
Norma

Be sure to give us a report on the pan, that looks like a nice one. I've been making more pan style pies lately and always enjoy hearing about that style. I recently bought some rectangular pans from Lehman's called Granite-Ware. They're cookie sheet with that blue and white speckled look, the write up on them made them sound fantastic, but I was disappointed with them. Doughs have a tendency to stick to the bottom, even with a liberal coating of olive oil. At $11.95 each I'm stuck with expensive cookie sheets! :(

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »
Norma

Be sure to give us a report on the pan, that looks like a nice one. I've been making more pan style pies lately and always enjoy hearing about that style. I recently bought some rectangular pans from Lehman's called Granite-Ware. They're cookie sheet with that blue and white speckled look, the write up on them made them sound fantastic, but I was disappointed with them. Doughs have a tendency to stick to the bottom, even with a liberal coating of olive oil. At $11.95 each I'm stuck with expensive cookie sheets! :(

I will make sure to give a report on the cutter pan.  I first want to attempt to make a cracker-style pizza, but then might try other pizzas in the cutter pan. The cracker-style pizza has been bugging me because I canít successfully make one.  :-D I give up for awhile, but then go back.  I recently bought some steel pans and they do work well for pizzas like Jetís, Victory Pig, and Sicilian pizza, but do want to try the steel rectangular one for more pies, maybe for a Pizzarium attempt.  I do also have other round and square steel pans at market that seem to work well for many kinds of pizzas, including Greek pizzas.  Great to hear you like pan style pizza too!  ;D

Sorry, to hear your rectangular pans from Lehmanís called Granite-Ware didnít work well for you. There are many great pans members use on the forum for many styles of pizzas.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!