Author Topic: Lucci in Santa Fe, NM - Authentic NY pizza in NM?  (Read 6273 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Lucci in Santa Fe, NM - Authentic NY pizza in NM?
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
Chau Pizza us out ? NOT ! see you 1st week of March !! start dieting now !!! :-D

John

John, I have given up on dieting.  :-D  Excited to meet you and others.

Online scott123

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2012, 11:18:26 PM »
Chau, is this visit set in stone? If it is, I'll start a new thread and see who else might be able to join us and where everyone wants to go.

Start thinking about where you want to go. Based upon your bake time preference and the VIP treatment John can get for us, I think Vesta should be a consideration, although that will involve a train ride out to NJ. If you do come out to NJ, then I think a trip to Pizza Town is also in order.

I'm not sure what Larry's schedule is like, but he was invaluable in scoring us the the VIP treatment at Keste. Not that VIP treatment is critical- we'll have fun without chatting with Roberto or Frank, but it's always nice when someone knows the owner and we can chew their ear off for a bit. Maybe we could get some Roberto face time at Don Antonio.

If we do a Brooklyn leg, I think we should do Barboncino- and I'd also like you to taste a white pie at Best. I'll be driving in to Brooklyn through Manhattan, so I can pick you up.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2012, 11:28:04 PM »
Scott, I haven't bought my airline tickets yet, but it's pretty much set in stone.  I really don't know where to go so I will leave it up to you pros.  I would like to, if it's possible, try a pie from each of the styles, slice, old school ny, np, hybrids, or coal but trust the reccommendations of the pros.  So wherever you guys want to go, i'm game.  And if we only hit 2-3 places I'm good with that as well.  I'm pretty easy going. :).  Scott, picking me up will be a huge help to me.  Thank you so much.

Chau

Offline johnnydoubleu

• Thrill junkie. Baker. Cook. Coder. Aesthete.
    • johnwozniak.com
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
If you guys (plan on coming) come to Brooklyn or Manhattan let me know!

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2014, 08:17:03 PM »
Fabulous recipe Chau.  Will try with shortening on my next attempt.  I finally got the cracking on the bottom and rim texture I've been looking for.  Super crispy and what really stands out is the lack of chew even after sitting for 30 mins.   5 and 4:30 min bakes.

Nate
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:23:55 PM by pythonic »
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »
Nice job Nate.  Especially for a sub 5 min bake in the home oven.  That crust quality and texture you describe is not easy to attain so congrats.  And I like seeing that crack on the bottom crust.  More so, the bottom crust also has the proper look to it.  If I didn't know better, I'd pick that pie out from a line up as one of my own.   I think you'll like the shortening crust even more. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:03:00 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 10:57:07 AM »
Nice job Nate.  Especially for a sub 5 min bake in the home oven.  That crust quality and texture you describe is not easy to attain so congrats.  And I like seeing that crack on the bottom crust.  More so, the bottom crust also has the proper look to it.  If I didn't know better, I'd pick that pie out from a line up as one of my own.   I think you'll like the shortening crust even more.

Thanks Chau,

I will give the shortening a try soon.  I was very impressed with the texture of this crust.  I've only had one undercarriage crack like that and I don't remember which dough I used.  Definitely will be adding it to my arsenal.

Nate
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:02:29 AM by pythonic »
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
I took the 4% oil for a spin, loved it. Much less chew than my previous attempts, this may replace my regular recipe. Thanks!
Josh