Author Topic: Cheese And Sauce on my Pizza Stone  (Read 1116 times)

Offline carter

Cheese And Sauce on my Pizza Stone
« on: January 03, 2012, 07:04:12 AM »
I have used my Stone a few time now and I have gotten cheese and sauce on it.  I have gotten it off the best I can.  It has left black spots on the stone.  Should I worry about it at all?

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Cheese And Sauce on my Pizza Stone
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:15:25 AM »
I have used my Stone a few time now and I have gotten cheese and sauce on it.  I have gotten it off the best I can.  It has left black spots on the stone.  Should I worry about it at all?

carter,

My pizza stone at home is also messed-up from cheese and other accidents in my home oven.  I have many pictures of how my pizza stone looks, but this is just one picture at Reply 92 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16033.msg163792.html#msg163792 second picture down.  You can see my pizza stone isnít the best looking, but it still bakes okay.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:30:18 AM »
Carter,  I use an old knife to scrape it off as much as possible so it is more or less smooth, and it still works fine.   If it still annoys you, you can either sand it off, or cook it off ( using a self clean cycle - though you run the risk of the stone breaking, depending on which stone you have) , but recognize that it will get more marks from use.

Offline carter

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply's.  I have been using a wire brush to clean it off and it is still cooking fine. 

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
I use a putty knife that I've sharpened with an Accusharp tool.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

pizzapan